Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

CIP
Contributor
CIP
My Device: Blackberry 8520

BB Desktop Manager no longer works with Mac Maverick - Need Help Urgently

I have been a loyal Blackberry user since the Government of Canada officially began using these cell phones. I feel, however, abandoned by Blackberry (they obviously don't believe that it is easier to retain an existing customer than acquire a new one). I'm using a Blackberry Bold (9900) with a Macbook Pro. Everything was fine until I upgraded my Mac operating system to Maverick; my Blackberry Desktop Manager no longer works, so I cannot sync the content (contacts, calendar) of my phone with my Mac, but that's not the worst of it.

I recently had a momentary lapse and exceeded the 10 password attempts to access my phone... this accidentally wiped my phone clean... and because Desktop Manager does not work with Mac, I do not have a way to recover my data. Rogers was of no help and had Blackberry updated its desktop software months ago, as it should have, this issue would have been moot. I do not know how or why, but I was able to recover most of my data, but I'm not sure just how up-to-date tha data is and am still going through it, but I'm having issues with some functionality.

I'm in the US for several months and have suspended my Canadian services. Prior to the wipe, I was able to use wifi on my phone to send and receive emails with no problem.  After the wipe, I can't send emails or bbms.  I checked my blackberry internet service and all email accounts are good to go. BBMs are another issue.  I need help.  Suggestions please. 

Please use plain text.
frasand
My Device: Bold 9900

Re: BB Desktop Manager no longer works with Mac Maverick - Need Help Urgently

i have the same problem, the first one, of not being able to synch my BB 9900 with my Macbook Pro since i updated the operating system to Mavericks. Please help; this is very inconvenient. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
RIMWalker
My Device: RIM BlackBerry 9900 and BlackBerry Z10

Re: BB Desktop Manager no longer works with Mac Maverick - Need Help Urgently

Apple has ceased synchronization with Mavericks. The issue lies with Apple, not with the desktop software. To mitigate the lack of sync capabilities in Mavericks you can sync your contacts and calender on your Mac with the usual suspects (Yahoo, Google). Create a backup (archive) for Contacts and Calender on your Mac first, then create one of those email accouonts that allow syncing. On your 9900 and with BlackBerry provisioning enabled create the new or existing email account. See which email accounts can sync with BB, I know Yahoo is working fine. For Yahoo, get the Yahoo Calender sync (a few bucks one-off payment required), Contacts sync works off the shelf within BB. If you reset the 9900 you should be able to restore all data with BB DTM. Please note that emails you received during the 9900 reset and the date of restore will not be available on the device. You will still not be able to sync contacts/calender over BB DTM. I hope that helps.
BlackBerry Bold 9900, Blackberry Z10 and BlackBerry PlayBook.
Please use plain text.