Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BB Desktop Software does not have software for 8830

Just received a new 8830, installed the desktop software that came in the box, however when I start the application loader I get a message that the Desktop Software does not have software for the device attached ( a 8830 )

Version is 4.2.2.12 dated May 2007, Do I need a later version?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

Re: BB Desktop Software does not have software for 8830

you only use application loader if you are installing new software or any application on BB or upgrading software. you dont need that option otherwise, you can upgrade it if your service provider have a later verison but you dont have to.
Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
New Contributor

When I go to help and about under device software it is blank
Forums Veteran I

you have to downlaod and install the handheld software on ypur PC from your service providers website first.
Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
New Contributor

My provider is Sprint and so far I have been unable to find anything on their website - do you have any idea where it might be?
Forums Veteran I

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=FC3CF452D3DA8402BEBB765225CE8C0E

as isa id before it might not be beneficial for you, they dont have too high of code ver you already have , not worth it

New Contributor

Thanks that did the trick as far as the BB Desktop software is concerned, however I thought that when it said "Desktop Manager" I thought that would provide a Desktop Calender/organizer etc like Palm does.  Where do I get that from?
Forums Veteran I

Desktop Manager SYNC with your Outlook calendar and address book, it does not have a calendar of its own. DTM is a toool to SYNC and update software on ur BB.

New Contributor

Thanks for your help! I got outlook working in an offline mode, was able to export contacts and memos from my Palm Desktop - not easy as Outlook doesn't support most of the formats that Palm exports - you would think that supporting one of the most widely used PDA's would be a good idea.  So far i haven't been able to do the calendar but may just have to start a new one.

Thanks again for your help

Jim