Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

BB Desktop crashes after XP repeated sync

Problem:

I install desktop v. 4.2.2.14 on my machine running XP. 

Sync with outlook (cal, notes, tasks, etc.) fine.

Shutdown.

Restart. Sync again. Fine.

Don't shutdown and sync a second time? Crash, right around record #121 in the calendar (or so it seems).

I've repaired, uninstalled, reinstalled countless times. Always starts out OK, then crashes after a few days. Sometimes even when I've shutdown and restarted. 

Help?

Re: BB Desktop crashes after XP repeated sync

I am having the same problem too... it started when i upgraded to the 4.2.2, i tried downgrading but still have the crash during sync.

trying to downgrade i got permission errors to the files in the connector folder and when i look into the details of the crash it references those .fil files

New Contributor

Re: BB Desktop crashes after XP repeated sync

i'm having a similar problem with mine. had the 8100 pearl for about 9mths with no problems. upgrade to the 8120 and with it came new sware - 4.3. Went to load that on the pc but struck an error. My IT guys analyse, decide to create a new profile for me in outlook, then load the software with no problems.

synch up the new 8120 ok the first time. second time it adds the calendar appointments again - duplicates all 433 records on the handset. so i delete them and then re-configure synchronisation. synch up fine about twice then the dtm crashes on about the 3rd synch. repeats the crash a few times so i start looking for help. Follow all the advice i can find then uninstall the new software, re-install it and then get my old pearl and it synchs just fine. So i do the switch device wizard so i have the last week or so of emails from the new device on teh old one.

i take the new one back to the store & tell them it's faulty. Back to the office and synch up the new one? no way, the dtm crashes at the same outlook calendar record # 187!

back to the internet to sort it out. 2 days later and 3 uninstall/reinstalls later - including the latest go which follows the 5 step process on teh bberry website, including deleting the C:\Blackberry folder. reinstall and teh same crash!

i can't get passed record 187 of 433 no matter what i do. maybe there was a bug in teh new 8120 that i migrated back on to the 8100 when i did the switch wizard? maybe a dtm sware problem with windows XP outlook 2003?

help anyone?