Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: att

BB Destop Manager 6.0 Freezes on Startup

I have a AT&T Torch 9800 6.0 OS with an HP laptop Windows 7 OS.  I am running DM 6.2 (previous version was 6.1).  DM worked fine for several months.  Without any warning or changes, my DM 6.1  stopped working at startup - it just froze, repeatedly.  I recently searched across the web for a solution.  I uninstalled/reinstalled DM 6.0 using www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB02206 , restarted my laptop multiple times, disabled a variety of startup programs, etc.  In short, I have done everything possible, from simple to complex, and DM still freezes on startup.  Any help is appreciated.   

My Device: 9800 Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: BB Destop Manager 6.0 Freezes on Startup

Same problem here. I have a 64bit Windows 7 system and just bought a 9800 Torch. I installed BB Desktop Software to move some files and stuff from my previous 9700 Bold but cannot get BBM to load. I get the software to load as far as the box on the screen and then nothing. I have tried it with the phone connected and not connected. Device Manager can see the phone but the Desktop Software just won't load. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted, everything and still nothing. Any help would be appreciated.

My Device: bold
My Carrier: verizon

Re: BB Destop Manager 6.0 Freezes on Startup

[ Edited ]

I'm having the same issues.

I updated from 5.1 to 6.0.

Initial sync was no issue.

Shortly after, I cannot launch software at all. 

Well - it launches, but it freezes at the home startup page for the desktop software (where there is a pic of your own phone)

I tried to uninstall, reinstall.

I have 64 bit Windows NT HP EliteBook 8740w

It locks up my whole computer when it freezes.

Help.