Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
TinoXIII
My Device: Not Specified

BB Storm Hangs during Calendar sync on DTM for mac

I had this same issue with the Beta version however I was hoping it would get resolved with the official release.

My computer will hang and stops responing while syncing calendars. I have multiple Calendars, some are read only. If I try to sync all of the calendars the Desktop Manager for mac just hangs then stops responding. It seems to only work if I do not sync one of my calendars but there doesn't seem to be any way of knowing what is causing the problem. Without a comprehensive log that shows what records are having the issue I'm not going to be able to get through a complete sync of all my calendars.

New Contributor
tilll

Re: BB Storm Hangs during Calendar sync on DTM for mac

I have the same problem with a Curve 8900 and multiple (two) calendars: Desktop Manager crashes after syncing at least most of the calendar entries. It always hangs at the same position of the status bar. Syncing only one calendar gives the same result, no matter which calendar I tried. (So I guess it is not an iCal-Calendar issue?

New Contributor
macbeach

Me too - getting hung up on calendar and never gets to sync anything else. I also have multiple calendars and only some items come over before the whole thing freezes up.
New Contributor
bernd
My Device: Pearl 8100

Same problem here with my Pearl 8100... MacBook/OSX 10.5.8 Leopard

I have 3 calendars in my iCal application (Ver.3.0.8):  Home, Work and Birthdays. When I try to sync these calendars, the progress bar advances to aprox. 60% ~ 70% and then BB Desktop Manager stops responding (hangs) making the whole Mac to behave veeery slow (assumed Destop Manager is taking a lot of resources) and I have to force quit it.

When I look at the calendars items on my BB there are a lot of events missing.

Any clue how to resolve this?

Thanks!

MDull

I have an 8330 and I am having the same problems.  Multiple calendars in ical on my mac; some read only.  Software hangs up and does not respond while running the sync.

New Contributor
kotis
My Device: 9000

How do you change the calendar to allow read and write ?

New Contributor
bernd

You don't chage this. Mac defines by itself read-only calendars. For example the birthdays calendar with the birth dates from the address book is read-only.

New Contributor
kotis
My Device: 9000

Then how do I get events entered on my BB to appear in iCal on my iMac?

New Contributor
bernd

Doing a two-way sync (data from the mac goes to the BB and vice-versa). Anyway, the chances are this won't work, since DTM will hang up the most of the times. Beside that, don't rely on this. The other day, the sync seemed to work and when I looked at the calendar in my BB, it was empty!