Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
jaiz
My Device: bold9780

BB desktop manager 6.0 doesnt work

Hi

I have installed the latest version of the BB desktop manager but everytime I open it, a message that blackberry desktop software has stopped working and windows will close the program and notify if a solution is available comes up! I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the program multiple times but the problem persists, Iam using a 32 bit windows 7. I never had any issue such as this with the previous desktop manager versions. Please help

thanks

Please use plain text.
Retired
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: BB desktop manager 6.0 doesn't work

Hi jaiz,

Please try to uninstall the BlackBerry® Desktop Software, then follow the second set of steps in the resolution of this article to disable user account control on the computer. www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB28458

Once you have done this, please restart the computer and try reinstalling the BlackBerry Desktop Software.

Hope this helps,

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jaiz

Tried it, It still doesnt work!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Stoplock
My Device: 9860

Me too!  

Hello - am newbie on this forum. Just had a new 9860 replacement and need to upload my details from old phone to new - no issue with that, but am getting this as I install the DM on my windows 7 64 bit machine. 

'Rim.Desktop.HttpServerSetup has encountered a problem and needs to close '. This displays at the end of the install and then says it has successfully install. Click on the link - and it says that DM has stopped working and is looking for a solution. NOthing! I really need to sort this out ASAP - any idea guys? IS there an alternative way of doing what I need to do? 

PS - Have tried installing as an admin - same result.

If anyone could help - that would be great!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Stoplock

I have also done a clean uninstall - same result.
Please use plain text.
Retired
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Hey jaiz,

Could you please try uninstalling the BlackBerry® Desktop Software again and then disabling your startup items as shown in Resolution 4 of the following KB article. www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB12334 Then reinstall it and test again. You may also want to verify that you are installing the program in an administrator account.

Thanks.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jaiz

I dont think It will work, I think there are some serious bugs with the desktop software 6.1 which needs to be corrected, I browsed through the forum and a lot of users have the same problem! it is just not possible for a whole lot of people facing the same issue unless theres a bug with the software itself!, Iam saving myself all this hassle and reverting back to the DM 6.0.1 which is working perfectly!

As a note please do a thorough testing of the version u release before you actually release it!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Stoplock

I have tried this method - still wont work. Where does one get a copy of 6.0 from or even earlier?!!
Please use plain text.