Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
lisabeeen
My Device: Not Specified

BB desktop won't INSTALL!!!!!

When i try toi install i get:

'install shield wizard interrupted before installation is complete'

other programs install FINE...only BB Desktop won't!!!

HELP!?

thanks a lot!

Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: BB desktop won't INSTALL!!!!!

Which version of desktop manager you're trying to download? Probably the installation package has some kind of error. Have you downloaded the package from internet?

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
lisabeeen

i can't tell which version is on teh disc since it won't install (it is the SPrint us version) but i DID try downloading the newest one on-line with the SAME results! really a mystery to me........

manutd

I'm having the exact same problem....

The Error states:  missing C:windows\install\blackberrydesktopsoftware.msi

I have tried to completely uninstall the desktop software & also tried to repair (with the cd) but the same error comes up everytime due to the interruption?!

I could really use some help with this as well!

MU

New Contributor
lisabeeen

hmmm....i don't even get that message. the installer just stops. BTW, i am running windows XP....

great to get resonses and i hope we can figure this out!  at present i am limited to ota downloads....REAL bummer!

Visitor
BB-User

All -- Also need help on installing BB Desktop Software v.4.2.1.

I uninstalled a previous version as recommended by BB so everything is clean (see: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/articles/545/KB02206_f.SAL_Public.html), BUT after restarting Win XP Pro and re-installing v4.2.1, I still do NOT see any traces of the application being installed -- that is, it's NOT under :\Program Files\Research in Motion (does NOT exist) and it's also NOT in the Start button (bottom left), "All Programs" icons list under Win XP Pro.

I have uninstalled and re-installed but it's the same issue. What's going on? Please help. Many thanks.

BB-User

allankhouri
My Device: Computer Repair Genius

Okay folks this is the garanteed way to get Blackberry Desktop to  Install.

As others have mentioned make sure to delete all your temp files and in program files delete C:\program files\RIM or c:\program files X86\RIm (For Windows 64 Bit versions)  Also go into your profile:

XP: C:\documents and settings\(User Name)\ Local Settings\Application Settings and delete any files called "RIM" or "research in motion"  and also C:\Documents and settings\(Username)\Application Data\ any files named "RIM or Research in motion"

In Vista or Windows 7, look for c:\users\(username) App data\ Local, and app data\ Roaming again delete any instances of files named "RIM" or "Research in motion"

Also a good idea to run CCleaner or any registry cleaner you prefer.

Attempt to install Blackberry desktop again. If that STILL fails this for sure will work!

Go to control panel and create new user account with admin rights

Load up new profile, install blackberry while logged in as new user once installed, you can go back to your regular account and remove the temporary account using Control Panel/User Accounts.

Much blood sweat and tears went into finding this solution, if you would like to send me a small donation, please send to paypal for user allankhouriAThotmailDOTcom