Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
haggishead
My Device: Bold 9900

BBDS so-called "Upgrade" stopped working

Hi All

Received a message an hour ago to upgrade to the latest BBDS (can't remember the version number). Intslled it, then I got "BBDS has stopped working, Windows is checking for a solution" evry time I tried to start it. (Running Vista)

So - tried a reboot. No difference.

So I decided to try to uninstall and reinstall the software. Uninstall through Control Panel, then reboot again and download BBDS from the BB site, saved as a .exe file on my hard drive. It's a zip file with a .exe extension so won't run.

So - decided to download and run it (rather than save) - now the BBDS download page says "file not found" when you click on "Download".

Is this yet another RIM screw-up?

How do I get a working version (any version!) of BBDS on my PC - at the moment I have uninstalled the broken version so I have nothing.

fll
Visitor
fll
My Device: BB Curve 8520

Re: BBDS so-called "Upgrade" stopped working

Same thing here.  Crashed update to BBDS 7.  Uninstalled and tried to download from BB website.  Getting page "file not found."  Yet another disappopintment and frustrating day with my blackberry.  Can't wait until my term is up and I can get a real cellphone.

New Contributor
Smithers

Same deal, tried rebooting, tried the check for a solution option, tried connecting the phone first and reinstalling the driver, tried to reinstall the update, tried to download an older version from RIM, website doesn't work when going to the download link. Hopefully that means they know there's a problem and quickly removed it while they fix it?

I've got a Bold 9900, Windows 7, this was the error message;

Description:

Stopped working

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3

Problem Signature 01: rim.desktop.exe

Problem Signature 02: 7.0.0.43

Problem Signature 03: 4f2bf8de

Problem Signature 04: Microsoft.Practices.Composite

Problem Signature 05: 2.0.1.0

Problem Signature 06: 4c757fa6

Problem Signature 07: 12b

Problem Signature 08: 50

Problem Signature 09: SCLHIAANMQHKF4ZDFPVVWEJKPHNM1ZUJ

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 3081

Guess that's the reward for updating immediately, I don't have time to **bleep** around with the technical methods for reinstalling and updating PC files etc, let's hope it doesn't take weeks to be able to resync!

New Contributor
haggishead

Finally managed to download a version of BBDS that works? It has reappeared in their download section.

However, it's far from fully fixed - I now have it hanging and freezing at "preparing sync preview" as other posters have reported.

Dear RIM. Your software sucks. Big time.

First Blackberry. Also the last.

New Contributor
Smithers

Upgrade link working again now, I think it's a different download version, but - still doesn't work. Downloaded again and installed, restarted computer, still no joy, same error.