Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Backup Dies on the Profiles Dbase..... Have already reset, what now?

Hey everyone,

First post here.  Have had a Curve 8330 for about a month now.  Recently while backing up, I started getting an error saying "Error backup databases, [Profiles] 4 of 6 entries retrieved"

I have already:

1.  Gone into the Advanced screen and cleared the databases on the device.

2.  Backup again, no problems.

3.  Open a backup file that's a few days old, restore these profile (& options) to the device

4.  Backup again.....  No dice, still same problem.

So I just cleared the profliles from the device. Couple days later I manually recreated one of my profiles on the phone.  Next time I tried to backup, I got the error message again.  What now?

DM is 5.0, OS is WinXP, BB OS is  4.5.0

Thanks!

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Backup Dies on the Profiles Dbase..... Have already reset, what now?

OK,

So I think I've got this problem beaten.  I found a few useful posts on another forum.  Most tell you to clear your browser cache and your cookies, then re-sync.  This didn't do it for me, and I wasn't sure that it would considering that the browser cache shouldn't have anything to do with syncing the profiles database.

However, I did go to the advanced screen and clear the databases from the device.  Then I did a battery pull with Quick Pull.  Then I backed up again, with no issues.  Then I recreated my custom profiles from scratch.  Seems to backup fine now.......  Cheers.