Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: ATT

Backup gets stuck and never finishes

Every time I try to backup my device, it gets stuck in the same part, at about 95% of completion.
The screen shows the following: Backing up Smart Card Options 1 of 1 Record

Please your help to fix this problem.

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Backup gets stuck and never finishes

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Here is a KB that discusses that error:

• KB29522 "Error backing up databases" message is generated at Smart Card Options database when backing up the BlackBerry smartphone using the BlackBerry Desktop Software

Hopefully it contains something useful! There also are multiple existing threads on this site that discuss that exact error...your review of those might prove useful, and a search of this site, using the error message, error code, or symptom, should reveal all applicable existing threads to you.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: 9360
My Carrier: rogers

I have the same problem, but mine is more difficult. As soon as my phone is plugged in it automatically begins to back up and does not give me the chance to change the back up options. Therefore it always freezes on smart card options no matter what. Is there a way to disable the desktop manager from automatically running a back up.

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

arh689429 wrote:

I have the same problem, but mine is more difficult. As soon as my phone is plugged in it automatically begins to back up and does not give me the chance to change the back up options. Therefore it always freezes on smart card options no matter what. Is there a way to disable the desktop manager from automatically running a back up.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

It sounds like you configured the Desktop Software to automatically conduct a backup and further selected the option to remember your settings so that you would never again be presented with them. As such, you may also need to perform the above...I looked around and could find no setting to change that would enable you to re-configure. Removing and reinstalling the Desktop Software should give you that choice again.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code