Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330

Battery Charging

A few weeks ago my wife downloaded a new version for our Blackberry 8330 and ever since then we have been having trouble charging the battery from our computer. We continually get the message that either our usb is in sleep mode or the device has no drivers. I am inclined to believe that the drivers have been lost somehow.

I have tried to plug the charging cord into my auto battery and that worked for awhile, now nothing seems to work. Is it possible that this new version that was downloaded does not match our blackberry desktop manager, therefore the drivers are not recognized or corrupted somehow.

When we visit our daughter, she has a charger that matches our inlet for the phone and it charges our phone with no problem. I hope that this can be resolved quickly as it is quit frustrating...

Solutions: 6,094
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Battery Charging

What version of the Desktop Software do you have installed?

I would recommend Desktop Software, version 6 or 7. Download it here:
https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22

Meanwhile, do you not have a wall AC outlet charger for your BlackBerry? ( I guess like your daughter has)

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330

No Don't have a wall outlet AC charger (But I am going to have to get one).

The Address that you sent for the software download won't download on my computer because of the verification process. It started, but then stopped. I may have to change my firewall settings so that I can get this done. But like all technicians, I will attempt it a 2nd time. P.S. Thanks for the reply.

Solutions: 6,094
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Good luck.

Here 's one on Amazon at a good price.

http://www.amazon.com/Blackberry-Charger-Adapter-Power-Cable/dp/B00474XV06/ref=pd_sxp_grid_pt_2_1

Remember, you need the MINI-USB charging cable for the 8330 model... not the MICRO-USB cable.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code