Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
thompke
My Device: Not Specified

Berry 411 Search Icon

A couple of days ago, I found an icon on my telephone's desktop that says "411".  I had never seen it before, so I opened it up and a screen opens up titled "Berry 411"  Then, there's a place to enter info after the words "search:".  Trouble is, when you put something in there, nothing happens.  I don't know how this works. 

Has anyone else seen this, or had experience with it?  Does anyone know where it may have come from. 

Tom

Forums Advisor II
d_fisher
My Device: T-Mobile 8100

Re: Berry 411 Search Icon

Its an application you (or someone else) installed on your BlackBerry. Its obviously an older version as its not even called Berry411 anymore.
New Contributor
thompke
My Device: Not Specified

Thank you for your reply.  Now, can you tell me how to remove this software from my Blackberry.  I did not add it (knowingly), and I can't figure out how to delete it.

Thanks

Tom

Forums Advisor II
d_fisher
My Device: T-Mobile 8100

Go to Options > Advanced Options > Applications. Highlight the application name in the list, display the menu, select Delete. A reboot may be required to complete the uninstall.