Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 990
Accepted Solution

BlackBerry Bold 990 no longer connects to Desktop Software through the Bluetooth (Version 7.1 Bundle 1646)

I have always been able to sync my Bold 9900 using the Desktop Software through a Bluetooth connection. 

Yesterday I updated to 7.1 Bundle 1646 and the Desktop Software no longer recognizes the Bluetooth connection

My Bold can still  pair to my computer (i.e... I can play my music from my Bold 9900 through my computer) and my computer and Bold 9900 indicated that they are connected/paired.  However, the desktop software does not indicate a Bluetooth connection to my Bold 9900. 

I tried to manually add the device to the desktop software  through the "Tools" > "Add Bluetooth device" but my Bold 9900 does not show up even by selection "add"

I now have to sync using the USB connection.  I would like to go back to using the Bluetooth connection.

Thoughts?

Information:

Bold 9900 - Version 7.1 Bundle 1646

Desktop - Version 710_b033

HP ProBook 4530s - Widows 7

My Device: Bold 9900

Re: BlackBerry Bold 990 no longer connects to Desktop Software through the Bluetooth (Version 7.1 Bundle 1646)

I have the exact same problem. 

I realised that this came about after I updated the device software to 7.1 Bundle 1646.

There's no use in downgrading the device software to an earlier 7.1 and the Desktop Software to version 6.  I still can't get the bluetooth to connect even though USB is working OK.

Bold 9900 - Version 7.1 Bundle 1149 (currently installed)

Desktop - Version 6 (currently installed, tried Version 7 previously)

ThinkPad T400

Contributor
My Device: Pearl 9105 3g

Re: BlackBerry Bold 990 no longer connects to Desktop Software through the Bluetooth (Version 7.1 Bundle 1646)

i have the same problem too. i use a pearl 9105 and after update version 7.1.0.32, Desktop software is not working anymore..

New Contributor

I tried this and it did not work!!!

This is from a different post.

I am still fustrated ...

Fixing the Bluetooth Peripheral Device driver issue on Windows Vista

Actually this is how I fixed this issue (thanks to Ghostie3599).

PREAMBLE: Bear in mind this is a Research In Motion issue, and not a Microsoft issue. The Blackberry software should have the appropriate .INF files that allow Windows to install the correct device drivers for all detected Bluetooth Peripherals.

1. Go to the Control Panel and choose the Device Manager applet
  2. You should see two items called Bluetooth Peripheral Device being listed with an yellow icon, meaning that they can't be"used" due to missing drivers.
  3. Right click the first Bluetooth Peripheral Device and choose Update Driver Software...
  4. When asked how do you want to search for the driver software, select the second option Browse My Computer for driver software
  5. When asked for what kind of hardware this is, select the option Ports (COM & LPT) and click Next
  6. At the Update Driver Software Dialog, click on the bottom option that is preceeded by a green arrow Let me pick from a list of device drivers from my computer
  7. In the next dialog, make sure the option Show compatible hardware is NOT SELECTED
  8. From the list of Manufacturers at the left,select RIM Virtual Serial Ports
  9. The list of Models at the right will drill down to RIM Virtual Serial Port.Select this model and click Next.
  10. You should get a confirmation that the driver was successfuly installed.

In my case, following these steps gave Windows vista the hint that the other Bluetooth Peripheral Device would work with the same driver. So after doing these steps for the first Bluetooth Peripheral Device, I got both devices working OK. However, if you still have the second Bluetooth Peripheral Device being listed with the yellow icon (i.e.: missing drivers), try repeating these steps to see if it works. If it doesn't, then the Bluetooth Peripheral Device might be something else (i.e.: not a virtual COM port).

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900

Same problem since installing 7.1 bundle 1646. Both Bluetooth radios are active, the device is showing in Printers and Devices on Windows 7, Pro 64B. The Bold 9900 and the computer are paired and connected but the desktop will not connect. When desktop is launched it remains in a disconnected state. This is truly frustrating and it would appear that RIM does not provide any support whatsoever.

When my son recently bought an iPhone I pulled his chain and said good luck getting support from Apple. Two days later he had a question regarding a configuration and was talking to a live person within 10 minutes. Where is RIM when we need support????  

New Contributor

So RIM released a new version of the Desktop (v7.1 bundle 2108)  and BB verisions.  I updated and now ti works!!