Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9320
My Carrier: Tesco Mobile (O2)

BlackBerry Curve 9320 - outlook sync

[ Edited ]

Hi, 

I want to synch BB to outlook so that the outlook calendar and the BB calendar update each other. Is this possible? and if so please could you direct me to a guide. I'm also quite new to outlook also. 

Any help is appreciated. 

^PG

P.S. Can I change my Login Name? 

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BlackBerry Curve 9320 - outlook sync

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Indeed, what you desire is possible, as long as you remain using compatible things. See this KB for compatible PIM's:

• KB12268 Applications supported by BlackBerry Desktop Manager for synchronization

Also, be sure to review carefully the computer compatibility information for the Desktop Software (e.g., the right Windows version and OS level). Once you know you are compatible, then download and install it to your PC:

Once installed, you should be ready to configure the BB to sync with the PIM:

• KB03315 How to synchronize organizer data (calendar, task list, memo list, and contact list) using the BlackBerry Desktop Software

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you. 

I already had the Dessktop software etc. Now! When I get to the part where you click the synchronise button I'm getting a message saying, "MAPI Logon failed. Please run Outlook with the profile Outlook selected and try again" 

The problem with this is that when "configure tasks" screen is on I can only choose 'Outlook'  

Please help? 

^PG

*I also tried to go to outlook from the device and signed in etc, wehn going to calendar I see a link to 'get the calendar' on your deivce but the link did nothing. The link underneath it 'go to webversion anyway' did work.. hmm. 

Hall of Famer II

paulgreenhypnosis wrote:

When I get to the part where you click the synchronise button I'm getting a message saying, "MAPI Logon failed. Please run Outlook with the profile Outlook selected and try again" 

The problem with this is that when "configure tasks" screen is on I can only choose 'Outlook'  

Please help? 

Here is a KB that discusses that error:

• KB31838 Error "MAPI Logon Failed" when attempting to sync with BlackBerry Desktop Software

Hopefully it contains something useful! There also are multiple existing threads on this site that discuss that exact error...your review of those might prove useful, and a search of this site, using the error message, error code, or symptom, should reveal all applicable existing threads to you.

paulgreenhypnosis wrote:

*I also tried to go to outlook from the device and signed in etc, wehn going to calendar I see a link to 'get the calendar' on your deivce but the link did nothing. The link underneath it 'go to webversion anyway' did work.. hmm. 

Ummm...what? How on earth can you, from the BB device, go to your PC-installed Outlook client? That is a bit confusing (indeed, not even possible, AFAIK), so I fear I do not understand what you are saying there...

Everything we have been doing so far has to do with enabling (via USB or BT) the ability of your BB device and your computer-installed Outlook to synchronize with each other. No server or service is involved. So I'm a little bit confused about what this is...there are abilities to synchronize OTA between some servers/services and your BB device, but they do not at all then involve the Desktop Software, and only are compatible with a limited subset of online services out there. If that's what you are actually wanting to achieve, then I've completely misunderstood you from your first post, and what I've so far guided you to do is completely wrong.

Please clarify. Thanks!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Sorry for the confusion. 

Let me try to explain.

What I meant was that going online with the BB I go to outlook.com and sign in to outlook, then when going to calendar I am prompted to get calendar on my device (but the link does not do anything) 

In the meantime thanks for the th KB I'll get to trying the workarounds and let you know the results. Thank you 

^PG 

Hall of Famer II

paulgreenhypnosis wrote:

What I meant was that going online with the BB I go to outlook.com and sign in to outlook, then when going to calendar I am prompted to get calendar on my device (but the link does not do anything) 

As far as I understand, Outlook.com is NOT one of the services compatible for OTA calendar or contacts on legacy (pre-BB10) BB devices.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Oh, okay thanks. 

I guess my issue is more at the Microsoft end rather than the BB end. Still trying things. 

^PG