Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: O2 UK

BlackBerry Desktop Manager 7.1.0.37 (B39) - bug report.

I am already aware of KB31008 - "During contact synchronization using BlackBerry Desktop Software the error "CRTranRec:: GetLinkedRecordId : Invalid linked record Id" is displayed".

This KB states the cause as: 

"An Address Book contact containing a blank contact image may cause the synchronization to fail."

Well, I just installed  7.1.0.37 (B39) after trying many previous versions of DM 7 - on every previous occasion I had problems and had to roll back to 6.1.0.36 (B38).  I just tried a sync of my calendar only (as a test, since I had previously had problems with KB32032) and I got the same error:

Error

Since I was not syncing Contacts at the time (Contacts box unticked), does this not imply that the present "blank contact image" cause given in KB31008 is not correct and that the problem is more wide-ranging?

I submitted this as a new topic here to ensure that it got spotted by BlackBerry staff - I have already mentioned it in a reply to a different topic.  It's not easy to find a way to directly submit an error to BlackBerry for their attention.

It's almost a year since DM 7 was released and we still don't have a working version.  I think this is the 5th time I have installed an update of version 7, had problems and had to go through the process of uninstalling it, reinstalling 6.1.0.36 B38 and setting it up again.  Please sort it out.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Tesco

Re: BlackBerry Desktop Manager 7.1.0.37 (B39) - bug report.

I am also finding it quite frustrating to get any direct support from BlackBerry or RIM or whatever they call themselves.  It all seems as though it wrapped up in a web of confusion!

My problem is also with synchronisation.

All I want to do is synch my calendar from my phone to me computer (Outlook 2007) but important imformation is not going over.

I almost always make my calendar entries on my phone (because it is with me all the time - naturally!

I have tried synching from phone to Outlook, one way and both ways but neither takes the information from my 9780 to Outlook.

The trouble is with forum support is it tends to be slow and fraught - if I could only get to talk to somebody!

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Z30 / Playbook

[ Edited ]

@barney48:  i did reply to your other thread.  See here:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Desktop-Software-for-PC/Synching-calendar-from-Bold-9780-with...

I'm just a volunteer helping folks out with their blackberry issues.  i wish I could be here more often.  Sorry you feel as though support here is slow and fraught.

@jc61:  are you using the 64bit version of windows  / outlook?

My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: O2 UK

@Wolf 359 it's Win 7 x64 but Office x32 (which the Microsoft recommendation) . All works fine with DM 6.1.0.36 B38.
Forums Veteran III

Indeed.  I think you're right about the bug.  I found this link:

http://community.vodacom.co.za/t5/BlackBerry/CRTranRec-GetLinkedRecordID-Invalid-linked-recordId/td-...

All i can offer is that these bugs will go away once blackberry link is released.  They are replacing the desktop manager soon.

http://crackberry.com/tags/blackberry-link

My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Tesco

It's nothing personal, I'm sure you realise.

I am getting on age wise and find it quite difficult.

Sometimes you just need a quick resolution especially for something as silly as this and it is frustrating that you can't actually speak to someone.

I am using Windows 7 64 bit so expect that the Outlook 2007, which is part of the Microsoft Office 2007 suite, must configure to work in my operating system.

I picked up your other reply too - thanks.  When I ask questions like this, I tend to "cast my net" in the event that my query misses the mark.  Theory is that the more places I post the more chances of getting a response.  Amazed that you picked up on both!

Forums Veteran III

:smileyhappy:  I'm just anxious for the new blackberry and related software!  I agree, it can be frustrating. 

It's probably why I don't use outlook at home and sync everything over the air.  But if using outlook is an option, then it should work period.  I think things will get better starting on Jan 30th (launch event)  Your theory works for me!