Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Developer
Developer
jtv
My Device: Z10

BlackBerry Desktop Manager Keeps Disconnecting

Dear BlackBerry Community and Team

I was looking for info concerning my Torch 9800 continuous disconnection from my laptop via the blackberry desktop manager.

I have had the desktop manager on my laptop about a year or over and in the last two hours, every 4-5 minuets the desktop manager disconnects, what or why would this change come about.

This looks more like it is happening while streaming, since I have started this new post, no disconnection has taken place.

Let me retract the last statement, if you notice the time I set about writing this letter, the time now is 21:44 and I have been disconnected three times since and I started this letter about 21:00.

the program I always stream is, the bbc, eastenders,, news, comedy, history and science since not having a working tv, though my internet connection speed is help in the hands of my carrier, (provider) there is the element that the device needs something that make it more robust and enhancing to increase the connection speeds given from the carrier (provider).

What do I have to do to stop this laptop disconnection happening from my bb desktop manager, I am not on a boat that would influence usb cable being disconnected, I am on my bed and not moving for this to happen.

Do I have to uninstall my desktop manager and reinstall or is there an update for this desktop manager or for my OS6 BB Torch 9800 or both.

Please if anyone has any directions on this subject, please please, please reply.

Yours Sincerely

jtv

JTValerie
Retired
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: BlackBerry Desktop Manager Keeps Disconnecting

Hey jtv,

Thanks for the question.

What version of BlackBerry® Desktop Software are you currently using?  There was a new version of BlackBerry Desktop Software that was just released.

You can get this new version at www.blackberry.com/desktop

I suggest updating to the newest version and test out the connection.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers. 

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!