Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

BlackBerry Desktop Software failed to validate your BlackBerry device update ...

Hi. I've had my blackberry for a little over a year. It's a Bold 9650. After I updated to OS 6, everything was fine except for the fact that I lost Word Mole and Brick Breaker. Petty problems, I know. But when your day consists of a lot of waiting around, trust me, those two help. Anyways, I looked up on various forum how to get them back and most said to open the desktop manager and go to the application list and simply check those two games and update. I did that, but when I went to update, I had to wait awhile as it loaded [yes I use a mac], and then this message would pop up "BlackBerry Desktop Software failed to validate your BlackBerry device update - Aborting install due to validation failure. Some packages contained unsatisfactory dependencies." So now I can't update my phone at all with anything. What can I do to fix this without doing a complete wipe [which I don't know how to do either, I just see a lot of people talking about that]?? I just want to be able to update my phone.

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: BlackBerry Desktop Software failed to validate your BlackBerry device update ...

Hey acabungc,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

That error is caused by a third party application on the BlackBerry. This application will need to be removed and then you can re-installed the games.

To find out which application is causing the issue go to /Library/Application Support/BlackBerryDesktop/Logs and open the Daily Log on the Mac.

And you'll be looking for a line in the log that says: Aborting install due to unsatisfied dependencies for packages: ((Application name))

That will list the name of the application.  Then you can remove this app from the BlackBerry.  Let me know if you have any more questions.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BlackBerry Desktop Software failed to validate your BlackBerry device update ...

thanks! it worked like a charm Smiley Happy 

My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Telcel

Hello ViciousFerret how are you? I just saw the question about the Blackberry gets fail to validate with the desktop manager and it is the same thing with my bold 9780, can't update the input language can't get spanish. Please help me "ayuda me" Gracias.

Xplorincon
Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Thank you so much! I have been without BB Protect because of this reason. I wish someone at RIM would educate customer service on this info.
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 9700
My Carrier: SingTel

Hi, ViciousFerret,

I think your solution may help with a problem I recently posted on this forum.  But I cannot find the logs you mention below.

When I go to "/Library/Application Support" there is a "BlackBerry" director.  But no "BlackBerryDesktop" directory.  I poked around the BlackBerry directory, opening and inspecting packages, but I cannot find a log.  Am I looking in the wrong place?

I am running BlackBerry Desktop Software 2.2.1 (build 7).  

My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Rogers

how do you remove the app?
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Vodafone

Yes, you are looking in the wrong place. 

The Library folder you are looking in is  your Macintosh HD Library, what you're looking for actually is the User Directory Library. I assume you're using OS X Lion, and in Lion the Library folder in the user directory is hidden by default.

First, Launch Terminal (Utilities Folder)

type,

chflags nohidden ~/Library/

Now, look in your User Directory and the Library Folder should've appeared. Follow the steps from the earlier post, i.e find the log and you'll be done 

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: tmobile

Hi,

I do not have any third party apps. And if I am reading the log correctly - it states that it is actually BB App World that is causing the problem... Tried to remove and - no change.

Thanks.

My Device: Blackberry 9900
My Carrier: Three

I had the same problem when trying to install a couple of language packs. I followed the advice above, went through the logs and found the following message:

(297) 2012-03-05 01:22:55.894 ERROR*** INSTAPPS     Commands   Aborting install due to unsatisfied dependencies for packages: (     <BDJLPackage: 0x1b5ca830>(BlackBerry App World:Research In Motion Limited, 3.1.0.60, handle=4192 S=0 H=0 R=0 A=1 O=1) )

I uninstalled Blackberry App World using the Applications tab on the Blackberry Desktop Software. When I tried installing the languages, however, the "Language and Input" option had disappeared. I had to eject the device, close the software, reconnect it and launch the Applications tab once more. This time the "Language and Input" option was back. I chose the languages I wanted and installed them without a problem.

I then reinstalled Blackberry App World, which installed fine. However, when I went to see the languages I had just installed, they had been modified. Somehow there were extra languages and others had been uninstalled. So I connected the device again, and saw that this time, there was a new tab called "Blackberry 7.0.0 Core Applications", under which the tabs "Input Support", "Language and Input Support", and "Supplemental SureType(TM) Wordlists" were nested. Somehow, the installer had installed all of the languages available under that tab. However, Spanish and Italian, languages I needed, weren't on the "Language and Input Support" list, though they were on the "Supplemental...Wordlists" one.

Again I ejected the device, closed the desktop software and reconnected it a couple seconds later. This time, when I went to applications, under Core Applications...>Language and Input, Spanish, Italian and other languages had reappeared. I selected them for install (without uninstalling App World) and it finally worked. Took me two hours, but it worked.

Looks to me like there are some annoying bugs that need to be taken care of.