Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Visitor
deerslawer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

BlackBerry Desktop will not install

[ Edited ]
When tring to install BlackBerry Desktop I get ( Error 1719 Windows Installer service could not be accassed. Contact your support personnel to verify that it is properly registered and enabled. I am running Windows XP Professional x64 Edition. I got the program from the cd that came with my phone I can't find the version of software on the cd.
Message Edited by deerslawer on 07-05-2008 10:05 AM
Message Edited by deerslawer on 07-05-2008 09:41 PM
Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: BlackBerry Desktop will not install

Which version of desktop manager you're trying to install? Did you get this software from CD/internet?

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
d_fisher
My Device: T-Mobile 8100

This is a problem with your PC, more specifically your Windows Installer service. There is a MS article on how to fix/troubleshoot.
Please use plain text.
stianbb
My Device: bold 9700

I ran into the same problem. I had windows xp and the software CD that comes with bold 9700. First complaining about .net framework 2.0. Then after that is installed, I got the error 1719 Windows Installer. I tried removing the current windows installer and getting windows installer 3.1 as suggested above but failed. I tried the windows installer 4.5 (I think) but at this point I was a little frustrated so I just got the latest Desktop Software on BB's website, and it installed.

I guess my advice for others is to either get the latest windows installer or forget about the the software that comes with the CD and just get the latest one online. Or maybe make sure you have both. good luck:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.