Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Contributor
MarkB
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BlackBerry Media Sync for MAC - FAQ

Videoworks - All I can advise is that you uninstall, then foillw the steps I was given - including the i-tunes update, then make sure the check boixes are correctly checked before trying to sync. You need to make sure that the device is the correct device and that you are syncing from the Mac to the BB and not the other way around!
Contributor
litterbug

Videoworks, MarkB's method worked--but ONLY when I'd followed all the steps in the exact order he did them, including all the rebooting of the computer between each step.

Good luck--I hope you can make it work for you!

New Contributor
clove

I am new to this. FIrst of all, how do I ask a question and get it posted?

Secondly, I have the BB Curve and an IMAC. I downloaded the Media Sync successfully BUT it will not complete the sychronizing of the data.  Should I give up and buy the $40 Missing Sync for BB2.0? Some one help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contributor
MarkB

My advice is that you follow the steps exactly as I laid out at the top of this thread. This should prove succesful, but if not, try to get through to technical support at BB.

Good luck. 

New Contributor
captainhaddock

I use doubleTwist for syncing media to my BB's and other mobile media devices.  A small  lightweight app (free, of course) that allows you to drag and drop media to your BB.  Music, videos, photos (even drag youtube videos to you phone!).  An easy to use, pretty swank little app. Did i mention it was free.  http://doubletwist.com
New Contributor
mattkr

Mark,

If you're still able, I'd love to get that info from you.  I'm having a similar problem getting an 8700 sync'd to a Mac (so I can then have the contacts on the Mac and sync them to the new 8900).

Thanks.

Matt

New Contributor
clove

I am totally frustrated. 3 hours yesterday and 3 hours today and back where I started. Had tech guys help me. Purging and reinstalling, after wiping slates clean on Mac and 8330 BB. Now I have nothing. Have to manually put in. HE says it is APPLE"s problem with address book!!!!  WHat now? I can't spend my life on this!!!!!
New Contributor
BigRich

I have tried many of these suggestions and they don't work. Once I installed Media Sync, which works just fine, my Pocket Mac no longer syncs. I tried the suggestion to overwrite but found no tab with a password on the pocket mac. Now I am happy with my Media Player but I can no longer sync. I am using an iMac and a Curve 8900. I did try uninstalling Pocket Mac, reinstalling Media Sync and then downloading Pocket Mac again. This really should work better. It should be seamless and there should be a patch that accomplishes this. 
Contributor
MarkB

All I can suggest is that you follow ALL the steps in the right order, that I set out before, as I was told by the real expert. If it doesn't work, then try pressing tech support at Blackbery for SENIOR tech support - that's when I made progress and it all seemed easy. WE are still running the sync with very few problems - syncing diary and e-mail etc between an Air Mac and a Curve 8900.

It's not the best system you could wish for but I think it's possibly the only real option.

Good luck! 

Visitor
asastra

Hello there,

I have problem with PocketMac For BlackBerry v4.1.25, I can't install an application (deep2 from dreamtheme) into my BlackBerry Bold in this case it hangs after a while and nothing happened. Disconnect my BB and try again but the problem persist. Any suggestion? or I do something wrong with the installation procedure? Please help. Thanks in advance..