Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
Timpraetor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BlackBerry Media Sync for MAC - FAQ

docfox wrote:
Kinda cool.  My old BlackBerry did not come with a data card, so I will have to get one if I want photos and music from iTunes.

PocketMac, if instructions were followed, worked quite well for me.

Doc Jim 

But ... that's the problem.  PocketMac is not seeing our data cards.  That means still no media syncing.

For now, I'd recommend you save the money on the data card until that is worked out.

Please use plain text.
monkeylion

Can't install Media Synch on Mac Power PC

Hello,

I downloaded Media Sync for my Curve 8900. The install said I needed
Mac: OS X version 10.5.5 or higher. So I bought MAC OS 10 Snow Leopard, but it won't install because my Mac is not Intel.

I am not about to buy an Intel computer to get Media Synch to work.

Is there another option? Is there a version of Media Synch that does not  require Intel? I just want to put music on my Curve 8900

Thanks,
Andrew
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kochabjo
My Device: Storm 9500

Hi,

I was very happy about getting notyfied, that the Sync Manager from BB was coming out. I directly downloaded and installed the software. Unfortunately the software is not working. I have a BB Storm software version 4.7.0.173 and use a MacBookPro software version 10.5.8. After installing the software and connecting my storm to the Mac the software recognized the BB and I tried to make a backup. THis backup failed with an error which I cannot remember. From this point on the Mac recognizes the BB every time I connect it but the software is always saying that the device is not connected.

So at the moment I am very disappointed and hope that BB will sort this out very soon.

Regards,

Bjoern 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Ojibway

Had the same experience with my BB Pearl. There is nothing in the instructions about disabling MissingSync, only that it won't work once the Mac Desktop for BB is installed. Well, it happens that it continues to work until disabled. What's more, it works much better than the BB Mac desktop. The last attempt I made to use it crashed the Blackberry. It was fully charged, but now flashes a double red flash every three seconds, even when hooked up to charge.

All in all, I'm looking forward to the BB contract running out so I can get an iphone that I'm sure will sync with my Mac and that I know for a fact has software that is usable.

Meantime, if the Pearl ever comes back to life, I'm ditching RIM's idea of a Mac interface and going back to MissingSync's which actually used to work except for adding apps from Blackberry's store. Based on this experience, I'm not sure I'd want to do that anayway if the stuff there is as poorly thought out as this Mac Destop has been. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
pecora
My Device: Bold 9000

Make sure your BB is set as a Mass Storage device.

Rick 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Ojibway

I will, if ever comes back to life. It's on charge now, but the red light keeps flashing. When connected to the computer to be synced, neither MissingSync nor the BB desktop for Mac recognizes that a device is connected. I fear the Pearl is dead or dying. 
Please use plain text.
Contributor
pecora
My Device: Bold 9000

You must uninstall 3rd party DMs (and beta BB Mac DM) prior to installing the new BlackBerry Mac DM.  They don't play well together.

Rick 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
raspberry29

Do you have a #, preferably toll free for RIM?  I've searched and searched the site but trying to get help on anything I'm seeing is difficult.   I desperatly need Pocketmac.  I bought my BB just a few days before the new software but my only 2 year old macbook is too old for the new software so I can't even sync anything.  HELP!!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
raspberry29

Oh, I thought this was going to be great, but you need OS 10.5 or higher!!  Is there an older version of this somewhere??

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Ojibway

It doesn't much matter what I do on the computer now that the Pearl does nothing but flash its LED. It can't be recognized by the computer. Doesn't make phone calls. Doesn't reset when the battery is removed and put back.

Prior to using RIM's DTM, installed exactly as instructed on my Mac, with a sync attempted exactly according to the instructions (which aren't that good, by the way) opted for the new software as suggested, then tried to sync. The Pearl crashed giving a black screen. It's no longer recognized by the computer (running Snow Leopard.)

Is there another way to reboot a Pearl besides removing the battery?

I never thought much of RIM's so-called smartphone software in the first place (at least the software on the Pearl). Now I'm infuriated that the smartphone is nothing more than a dumb flashing LED.

Do I need a new device? Why would I again buy a RIM product if it can't provide simple support for a Mac? 

Please use plain text.