Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
NestMak
My Device: Tour 9630

Re: BlackBerry Media Sync for MAC - FAQ

Hi everyone,

One feature that the BlackBerry Sync for Mac is missing, is the option to overwrite the data on the device or on the computer, it only gives you the option to sync or not sync.  I used yesterday for the first time and I have now a lot of duplicates on my BlackBerry Tour that I can't delete. It is a nightmare. 

Any help will be appreciated  

Nestor 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kuchkid
My Device: Not Specified

I am trying to download the file and it keeps saying "file not found" every time I select the download.  I have a brand new MacBook Pro with snow leopard on it, it is just the link from the site on the blackberry website that gives me the error.  Any suggestions?  I am excited to use it finally on my Mac.

Thanks so much

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Lining

I was just on the phone with Blackberry tech support. Because of so many problems with this BDM for MAC they are trying to fix some of the problems and re release it.  

unless you have all of your information from your phone backed up somewhere already, do NOT download or try to use the current BDM.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mlucashouston

Any idea when a new version will come out? It is crazy! I just added a few events on my calendar, and I have updated others, and Entourage duplicated all the items I touched. It is totally out of control!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
MarkB

As this issue seems to be low on the ajenda for Blackberry - perhaps they think that having the patronage of at least the world's PC users is enough for them - I am looking forward to the i-phone being available to all in the UK early next year, not just O2 users.

Then it'll be adios Blackberry, not much fun knowing you.

Shame - a good product with a fatal flaw and a seemingly unwilling management, lacking any collaborative attitude to development.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
rketchum

How do you actually reach a human? I've been unable to find anything but links to online support.

Please use plain text.
ssrayzl

I just got a BlackBerry and I want to sync it with my Mac. After being encouraged to steer clear of PocketMac and go straight for DesktopManager, I was unable to download it because I don't have 10.5 on my iMac - I still use Tiger. 

Rather than pay for an upgrade in my operating system, which application should I use to sync my Mac and my BB?

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Statman
My Device: 8830 WE

Well you can pay for Missing Sync for ~$40 or you could upgrade your Mac (provided you have a mac w/intel processor) for ~$25 or you could use PM.  Those are your options.

4.6.1.305 hybrid
Mac Pro 2X2.8 Quad SL
Please use plain text.
ssrayzl

Thanks for your response. I don't have a Mac with Intel and the G5 and G4 processing systems I have on mine are just not fast enough to handles 10.5.

I'll look into Desktop Manager.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Statman
My Device: 8830 WE

you can't use DM with 10.4

4.6.1.305 hybrid
Mac Pro 2X2.8 Quad SL
Please use plain text.