Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
TDRock
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BlackBerry Media Sync for MAC - FAQ

[ Edited ]

nvm

New Contributor
elizas
My Device: Not Specified

Hi,

I am a non-technical person.A software developer of my company has designed a tips section on MAC.Please free to visit .It will be helpful.

Cheers,
Eliza.
Mindfire : India's only Company to be apple premier and microsoft gold certified partner.
New Contributor
sanjmeh
My Device: 8300

Useless synch of BB.

ChelseyTang
My Device: Curve 8900

Is there still no real solution to the problem? I've not been able to sync my calendar which is really important for my business, and the whole point of getting a BB was so that I can be more efficient at work but it totally defeats the **bleep** purpose if an important & basic function cannot even be fulfilled is it? 

edsBB
My Device: Curve 8800

LMAO.. I think its unspeakable that a company like BlackBerry (BB) is not able to perform a simple task like syncing their device to a desktop of one of the largest computer operating systems in the world.  

When trying to sync my BB to Mac, all of my contacts were LOST, DELETED!  I, like so many others, can't understand why BB is unable to workout the kinks, bugs, or whatever it is you want to call it.  

Just to ensure I backup my contacts, I have to sync my BB contacts to my gMail account, which "wirelessly" syncs to my Mac address book. BB, take heed.    

WOW, talk about a round-about-way to accomplish a simple task.  Now come on BB, how does that may you feel? 

New Contributor
imshyanne
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8320

I am new to this also. What is top of this thread??? Does that mean top of the current page?  Anyway, did you get a response as to how to upload media (photos) to the Mac? I read somewhere in these posts that a person was not getting a choice under MEDIA to select photos.

New Contributor
imshyanne
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8320

Well . . . .  after spending nearly 3 hrs on this, I finally got my pictures onto my Mac, without having to deal with the syncing problem.  I went to Blackberry.com, found the current software for the Mac, downloaded it, selected my phone, selected the pictures folder, selected the photos and dragged them to a folder on my desktop! I am now a happy camper!

crobar2k
My Device: Storm 9530

So let me get this straight...

I just synched my blackberry to my new Mac and lost all my contacts, calendar etc. Thank god I had a backup on my old PC so all is not lost for me. So RIM knows about this problem and does nothing to fix it.

Am i right in believing the only real use for sync is to backup and restore my phone? I mean I can't truly sync anything right? Please tell me if I'm wrong, like I said I just got this mac.

If I can't do a real sync, goodbye RIM and hello iphone.

Contributor
Jagga
My Device: 9780

although I understand the frustration, I'm really getting sick of reading posts like this from users claiming foul without doing their research or understanding the root of the issue at hand. 

1. the connectivity of the Desktop Manager to be able to sync the BB with desktop software is LICENCED from Nokia. Previously this solution was licensed by the original company that created it before being purchased by Nokia. 

2. IntelliSync the technology that enables this sync never was coded for Mac OS 9 and since being purchased by Nokia never had ANY interest by Nokia or the original team to code the technology to work for OS X. You can thank Apple for being so obtuse when it comes to reaching out to corporations for using their desktops and OS - bad taste in Apple's mouths that only RECENTLY their beginning to use mouthwash for and reconsider the corporate market = IOS love. Apple still tends to think other companies should be greatful for working with Apple not the other way around. 

3. There is some work being done by RIM but you NEED TO UNDERSTAND that fast and quick solution will NOT be without crazy bugs and RIM is known for delivering a working products: HW/SW: to a multitude of generic markets users included so that when bugs are discovered these are investigated quickly and then resolved, tested, reworked, tested, resolved then published fixe[s]. 

So before throwing filth talk - please do some research to know the ROOT cause then ask for a solution even mention what you've tried before claiming foul. This helps your mental health and sanity and others working towards a solution.

JP2
Visitor
JP2
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700

New Macbook Pro, desktop manager "just sits there."

After installing Desktop Manager on my new Macbook Pro, I launched it.

It told me to connect my Bold 9700, which I did.

Nothing after that.

Is there anything else I could/should be doing, other than restarting my Macbook and Blackberry? Or is this an example of software that needs to be updated? Please advise.:smileyhappy:

JP2