Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

ronroyer
My Device: 8330

Re: BlackBerry Media Sync for MAC - FAQ

That's all well and good but that your response was well over a year ago and this weekend I 'upgraded' my blackberry desktop.  I then did a sync.  Here is what happened:  I got some duplicates but mostly i LOST most of my calendar entries.  I really don't care who owns or develops the software but it shoudl WORK!  I have been using my BB 8330 for over 2 years on both a PC and now my Mac and never had a problem until now.  Oh, and before I upgraded my data was supposed to be backed up.  Guess what?  I looked in the folder - no backup!  I guess when then new iPhone 5 comes out, I will stop using my BB since I can't afford to lose scheduled appointments because I am supposed to be syncing so I can have my data on the BB and the Mac.

How can I find the ROOT cause?  If I did, I might be able to fix it myself.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BeeOsborn
My Device: blackberry torch 9800

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN BLACKBERRY ARE GOING TO UPDATE THEIR SOFTWARE TO MEET THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE NEW MACBOOK PRO SO THAT THEY ARE ABLE TO SYNC.  IT APPEARS THAT THE MAC IS TOO HIGH POWERED FOR THE BLACKBERRY SOFTWARE AND WONT PICK IT UP.  HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR BLACKBERRY TO CATCH UP?  THEY ARE THE MOST FRUSTRATING COMPANY TO DEAL WITH AS THEY UNCONTACTABLE!!!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
theastad
My Device: BB Torch

Apple 10.6+Blackberry ( BB software does not see phone ) (iCal does not sync to BB after MobileMe update)

FYI

This is the information of what anyone with a 64bit Mac & a Blackberry needs to know for syncing with BB Software

#1 check the link below and scroll to the bottom.  As of March 25, 2011 Blackberry desktop software only works on a 32-bit mac.

When you plug your phone in the computer will "see it" but BB Desktop Software will not.

To work around this you need to restart you computer holding the 3 and 2 keys down.  

This makes your mac boot in 32-bit mode and your Blackberry desktop software will work.

http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/desktop_mac.jsp

#2   If you sync your ical and Blackberry DO NOT UPDATE your ical to the new mobile me version !!!!

If you do all your calendar information will be deleted from your computer and saved in the mobile me cloud.

All non apple devices are currently unable to sync to the mobile me cloud.

I've spent hours online & on the phone with BB, Apple, MobileMe & Missing Sync and so far there is no way around this

If you updated to MobileMe cal and you want to sync with your Non Apple Device you must "DOWNGRADE" your MobileMeCal

First you need to backup each of your calendars to your desktop....you need to do this for each calendar

File>Export>export

Then You need to Go to:

iCal>preferences> deselect sync with MobileMe

iCal>preferences>accounts

click on CalDav then select the minus button (-)

What this will do is completely erase the mobile calendars from your ical.

You may be able to skip this next step, but I deleted ical app and reloaded from my disk

After all is deleted you go into iCal and select

File>import>import

then select the file you just exported to your desktop

You need to do this for each file you exported

***Make sure that the top heading in iCal is "ON MY MAC" and not "MobileMe"***

I hope this saves some hardcore apple/blackberry users the headache I had for the last two weeks.

Please use plain text.
jevanow
My Device: Bold 9700

I wish it was that easy. I am trying to do a CSV export off of the BB Desktop Software. No one seems to know how.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jamestward
My Device: Bold 9000

The software background is interesting, but irrelevant. RIM offers the software, therefore RIM should stand behind it, regardless of its pedigree.

I was able to get my Bold to sync once, then the software quit recognizing the Blackberry. I'm running in 32-bit mode. I've uninstalled and reinstalled many times. I've tried a number of different cables.

Every time I install, I get the message that it found some other Blackberry software, even though I've removed every trace of PocketMac and MissingSync that I can find.

Perhaps there are some details about the libraries and startup items that a) should be in place and b) should be removed to have the best chance of making this work?

Which files are installed where and which other files, if existing, could cause the interference?

Please use plain text.
Developer
alopix
My Device: Z10 LE & PlayBook

The links aren't up to date any more :smileysad:
-> We're sorry, but this document is not currently available.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my apps in the BlackBerry World
Visit my developer blogs /dev/alopix and /home/alopix
BBM Channel: C0047B612
Please use plain text.
sore
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700

I'm using a MacBook Pro with BlackBerry Bold 9700. I have the newest desktop software. I synced my bb with my laptop and when I checked my address book in my laptop, every contacts are duplicated. And I have to remove it one by one. and so I synced one more time with the option 'replace all contacts on this blackberry device'. when i checked my address book in my laptop, everything's okay, but when i check my contacts in my blackberry, appearantly some contacts are missing. i synced it one more time and no success. can anybody give me a solution so the contacts are rightfully synced? 

Please use plain text.
jewel86
My Device: i haven't it

Thanks for sharing
Please use plain text.
Contributor
kirrieweirs
My Device: Bold 9900

Re: Apple 10.6+Blackberry ( BB software does not see phone ) (iCal does not sync to BB after MobileMe update)

Ok, I'm pretty new to this but I've just bought a MacBook Pro and I'm struggling to get it to sync with my BB9900. It's a 62 bit processor and according to this post (which is almost a year old now) I can't do it! Am I being incredibly dumb in thinking that this could and should have been sorted out by now by either RIM or Mac and that as mere consumer, now that I've bought the hardware, I don't really matter anymore? Is there any timescale to a solution to this?

A

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Messagepads
My Device: Q10 and PlayBook 64Gb

Re: Apple 10.6+Blackberry ( BB software does not see phone ) (iCal does not sync to BB after MobileMe update)

Well, at least I can testify that I was using a MacBook Pro 15" (Late 2010 model) and was able to sync my BOLD 9900 without any problem ....

Assuming that you carefully read the previous posts about the iCloud functionality to disable mandatory (because it "takes away" your data files from the computer to the "cloud")!

-------------
Don't forget to mark as "solved" if your question is replied and to "like" a useful reply to your post ;-)
Please use plain text.