Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
mgreen360
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

BlackBerry® Media Sync has encountered a problem and needs to close

I have been trying to sync my BB Curve with Media Sync and am continually receiving the same error message, "BlackBerry® Media Sync has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I have tried restarting the computer, insalling and reinstalling, MediaSync, Desktop Manager and iTunes. All these actions seem to be ineffectivei n syncing music to my Curve via Media Sync and I keep receiving the same error message. I am able to manually move music from iTunes onto my Memory Card in the E: Drive. Any assistance in troubleshooting Media Sync would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

System Specs:

BlackBerry Media Sync 2.0.0.27

BlackBerry Desktop Software 5.0 

BlackBerry Curve 8310 (v4.5.0.110)

-8 GB Kingston MicroSDHC

iTunes 8.2.1.6

Windows XP SP2

Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: BlackBerry® Media Sync has encountered a problem and needs to close

Hi and welcome to the forums!

BlackBerry Media Sync 2.0 terminates unexpectedly

The Microsoft® .NET framework used by the BlackBerry Media Sync product is not installed properly or has become corrupted.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
mgreen360

Thank you for the response. I went to the link provided and tried to repair my .NET framework to no avail in getting Media Sync to run properly. I was running through the link as well and noticed that I have a "BlackBerry Media Sync\Logs folder" which if I was missing I would need to uninstall and reinstall. Since I have this folder does that still mean that my .NET is still not functioning properly. Also would the log have any information that could help identify the problem. Any help would be greatly aprreciated. Thanks
New Contributor
mgreen360

It ended up that my problem was with iTunes. I had several songs that had negative play counts and negative ratings. Removing these negative amounts from my files in iTunes allowed Blackberry Media Sync to work perfectly.
Contributor
Chala
My Device: Bold 9700

Why aren't there many solutions to this issue.  I have an open case with BlackBerry support, but if anyone can help in the meantime  I would appreciate it.

I am trying to use BlackBerry Media Sync 3.0.0.38 to sync music from iTunes to my BlackBerry Bold 9700 and I am getting that error message "BlackBerry® Media Sync has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience." Any assistance, thoughts, or opinions in troubleshooting Media Sync would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Specs

BlackBerry Bold 9700 (v5.0.0.405) (Platform 5.1.0.112)

BlackBerry Media Sync 3.0.0.38

BlackBerry Desktop Software 5.0.1

Memory the standard 2 GB microSD memory card

iTunes 9.0.2.25

Machine

Processor: 3.20 gigahertz Intel Celeron
16 kilobyte primary memory cache
256 kilobyte secondary memory cache

Memory: 1024 Megabytes

Sortware: Windows XP Pro SP3