Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
hkpga
My Device: Not Specified

BlackBerry Pearl and Desktop Manager

When I plug in my BB to the computer it shows up.......................but when I install desktop manager software, the BB no longer shows up and is not detected by the desktop software.:smileyindifferent:

Any sugesstions?

Thanks in advance

Blackberry Pearl 8130
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
esostigma

Re: BlackBerry Pearl and Desktop Manager

your guess is as good as mine.  i'm having insane trouble installing the bb dt sw too... 1904 error... registering dll files.  ack!
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Hi there!

Here are some KB's that hopefully will contain something useful:

KB02640 Troubleshooting USB connections

KB15486 Top 10 BlackBerry smartphone and BlackBerry Desktop Manager troubleshooting tips
KB00019 No PIN displayed in BlackBerry Desktop Redirector
KB13432 Error 1904. Module failed to register
KB14852 Error 1904
KB03928 Error 1904 appears while installing the BlackBerry Desktop Software

Hopefully something there is of use. Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
osaile

Do these KB's work for any BB?  I have a Pearl 8120 and some of the options they say to click aren't even on my phone.  I've tried and tried.  I'm getting to where I hate BB and don't understand why so many people love them when you can't even do some of the things that a non-smartphone can do. 
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

osaile wrote:
Do these KB's work for any BB?  I have a Pearl 8120 and some of the options they say to click aren't even on my phone.  I've tried and tried.  I'm getting to where I hate BB and don't understand why so many people love them when you can't even do some of the things that a non-smartphone can do. 

Hi,

Your statement is too generic to be able to respond..."some of the options they say to click aren't even on my phone" doesn't help us help you. FYI -- if a KB is limited to specific devices, OS levels, or other things, it states so at the top of the KB. If you are finding an error, please point it out (exactly) so that we can let RIM know of the incorrect information.

Thanks.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
esostigma

[ Edited ]

i have a bb 8900 curve.. and none of the kb's work for me... on top of that.. they just flat out ignore my post for help.

--- edit

there are no solutions, i have been informed.. nobody knows.  but i sincerely appreciate all the support forums.  w/o them i might just get a non bb  phone.  idk...   

Message Edited by esostigma on 08-14-2009 08:19 PM
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

esostigma wrote:
i have a bb 8900 curve.. and none of the kb's work for me... on top of that.. they just flat out ignore my post for help.

"They" ignore you? I could swear I've posted at least one response to you. Guess I was wrong...

BTW -- who, exactly, do you think "They" are? If you are thinking that, by posting on this forum, you are getting direct RIM support...think again...because that's not what this forum is. As stated atop the message lists, this is a user-to-user support forum. It is not a user-to-RIM support forum. Formal support for BB's is provided by your carrier for all front-line issues...they can, if they choose to, escalate for you all the way into RIM if necessary, and at no charge to you (assuming we're talking a warranty issue). If you bypass your carrier, then direct RIM support is not free.

What is free is the help you receive here on these forums...help from other users, just like you, who volunteer our spare minutes in each day to provide what help we can. We don't know everything...but we try our best on this volunteer basis. So don't feel bad that they are ignoring you...what actually is happening is that no one knows the answer -- would you rather receive 500 "I don't know" responses?

So, all of that said, you say that the KB's were of no help. What I would therefore ask that you do is to open a new thread on the topic and provide all of the details that will help others to help you out. Model, OS level, carrier, what you've tried, what happens, exact details, etc. etc. etc. That way, perhaps "they" will have enough information with which to help you out. We want to help out...that I guarantee...but we need information with which to do so.

Best.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
esostigma

whoa.. calm down.  i'm just trying to get the software i paid for to work.  you know.

check out the thread.. the infamous error 1904 ...   your response?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
osaile

Okay, thanks for listening. 

KB02640

I've gone through tasks 1-4, and it didn't work... BB still isn't recognized.  It knows something is there, but just doesn't know what it is.  I skipped the tasks requiring uninstalling the drivers, cause I'm worried that it will mess up the computer.  In task 8, my computer doesn't show the names Universal or Enhanced host.

KB15486

I went through to tip 5 and it didn't work, so then it says in tip 5 to go to KB11439.  I went through each step and it still only says unknown device.

KB00019

I'm registered, so going to Cause 2, I pull up KB02740 to generate a new encrption key.  I followed the directions, but when I go into the service section in my BB, my meny doesn't have the option "Regenerate Encryption Key."  In my menu, there's only Help, Wipe Handheld, Verify Security.., Save, Switch App, Close.  When I try to regenerate it using DTM, I don't have a place to click on "Redirector Setting."  I can't regenerate it using Device Manager, cause even after installing and uninstalling the package several times, I can't pull up Device Manager.  But the package I downloaded from BB.com software section has the following properties...

BBDevMgr     4.1.0.11

BlackBerry Device manager     4.3.0.7

RIM USB Serial Driver     2.2.0.3

With cause 3, when I used the command prompt, I didn't have that file in my computer.

Please use plain text.