Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
DJShafiek
My Device: Torch 9800

BlackBerry Torch 9800 Help please!!!!!!

How do I move my music, pics, and videos from my media card ti my phone. And how do I rename it in a folder. Please help I tried everything. I wana throw my ph away cos I don't hget right lol!!! Thank u in advance. Shafiek
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: BlackBerry Torch 9800 Help please!!!!!!

Hello,

If there are a lot of files that you wish to manage, it is IMHO easiest to do so via Mass Storage Mode, tethered to your PC, so that you can treat your Media Card and Device Memory as two USB drives on your computer, then you can use the simpler tools available on your computer to do as you desire. See this for a reference starting point:

• KB11879 What is mass storage mode

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
DJShafiek

I dnt have a pc I am just want my stuff from my media card moved to my ph even if I must do it one by one.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

What? Your economy with your spelling made that too hard for me to understand...can you try again please?

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
DJShafiek

Lol ok. I say I don't have a computer to do that. I just want my music, pics and videos moved from my media card to my phone. I will move one by one from the media card to my phone if I have to but how do I do that. I don't get the move option if I click on a media file. Plz help thanlk u.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Ah, OK...now I understand...please see this:

• KB05478 Transfer files between the media card and device memory on a BlackBerry smartphone

But, you say you "don't get the move option"...what options do you get please? And, if you instead check the "properties" of the file, what are they please?

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
DJShafiek

I just show the media files details and wher it is installed to. That's all and the name and size.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Is that the answer to both of my questions? Just one of them? Something else? Please remember that I have no way to see what you see...I have only your words to guide me, and I dare not make any assumptions whatsoever...

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates