Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
bearsandthebees
My Device: curve 8950

Re: BlackBerry device password does not work with USB Device Password to connect to laptop

you say1234 but then you say wers is wers a password?

shy1
My Device: curve 8520

Re: BlackBerry device password does not work with USB Device Password to connect to laptop

Yes that's how it would work. Well it did for me. Look at the numbers on your phone whatever letter is with the number will be your pw excluding 0

New Contributor
skodaman
My Device: blackberry rgc41gw 8520

i cant believe i had not realised you have to press the alt key,its so simple when you take a step back and look again,many thanks to you guys for the help :Clap: 

New Contributor
ciara08
My Device: Blackberry Bold

Everyone - at the limit of my patience with my BB bold.

I am trying to upgrade the software, like others, and it asks me for a device password. on my BB i normally type (for example) ciara08 with a full QWERTY keyboard.

The desktop manager won't accept this.

I have also tried

9iara0x

and I am not using the ALT when I type my password in normally.

I really don't like this device at all

Visitor
kahrizmah7
My Device: curve 8520

Absolutely just worked for me right now! thought my pw was a number on BB bt was actually letters! thanx so much @Rob4450 for logical solution & @avbkmason for posting question! spent better half of the day trying to sort my pw lol
udayjet
My Device: Torch 9800

I agree. I almost hit the panic button myself! incredible such a simple can cause an issue! Thanks guys
la_arrijal
My Device: pearl 9105

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lanarrijal/6191557758/lightbox/http://www.flickr.com/photos/lanarrijal/...

i'm using pearl 9105 and i have a same problem. I have no pass in my bb. Can you help me???

artzlolax
My Device: Bold 9700

What happens if my password for example is 007025. How would I get around that please? I'm on 9/10 attempt already.

Thank you
JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

artzlolax wrote:
What happens if my password for example is 007025. How would I get around that please? I'm on 9/10 attempt already.

Thank you

You would enter on your keyboard...

00z0ed

To get "007025" you would need to enter 00 alt+7 0 alt+2 alt+5

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
artzlolax
My Device: Bold 9700

Ok.

Will this work with the Blackberry phone itself as well?

On the phone, it says "Enter blackberry  to continue"

Will I type the password the same? 00z0ed?

Thank you