Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

My Device: 8520
My Carrier: lol

Re: Blackberry 8520 does not start up

hi there i hve the same problemidunno if  u could tell me wht it is

Visitor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: MTN

I had tried all of what you said before I even saw it here; I downloaded the OS for the 8520, installed it on my system, after which I ran Desktop Software which still says "There are no Blackberry device software available". Then I also tried the AppLoader from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader, and it still says "The Blackberry Desktop software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer...".

Please help, because the phone was working before I offered to help a friend upgrade it, and now i'm in this mess. Thanks.
My Device: curve8520
My Carrier: babsie

Hi I'm using 8520 curve when am on facebook and then I go any application link it says I must enable the java script I've been strungling for long time sometime I took it back to the supplier and they said the fix the problem but it still the there I can't do anything pls help me I will appreciate that
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry 9300
My Carrier: vodaphone

at stage 4 of the connection menu my phone does not appear and my screen stays black and just flashes with the red light so i can't reload the os any help ? ive tried battery pulls everything just does not charge and im sure it is dead. 

Solutions: 6,154
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

You will need to use BBSAK or JL_Cmder to wipe the device and subsequently load the OS to the device. Follow the instructions here:
http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_wipe_the_BlackBerry_using_Jl_Cmder%3F
For BBSAK, here is the link: http://bbsak.org/

If JL_Cmder does not work, follow this instructional:
http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/What_to_do_next_if_Jl_Cmder_will_not_connect_and_wipe

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

thank you but my red light does not come on so it will not appear for selection could it be i need a new battery ? i just get the 3 lights and black screen ? 

New Contributor

thank you but my red light does not come on so it will not appear for selection could it be i need a new battery ? i just get the 3 lights and black screen ? im tgoing to try bbsak now

Highlighted
New Contributor

desktop manager does not show my device and neither does bbsak, just a black screen with the red light flaashing got any more advice Smiley Happy