Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
afterhours
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Bluetooth and Macs don't mix

One of the best features I had with a Nokia smartphone was how effortlessly it would sync with my bluetooth macintosh using iSync.  Just absolutely painless.

The Blackberry Pearl has bluetooth -- but it won't communicate with a Mac with either Missing Sync or PocketMac.   This seems such a natural fit (yes, even if one is supposed to use USB to keep the BB charged).

RIM -- there is so much potential here.   Please don't let the opportunity go by. 

Regular Contributor
Ben
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Blackberry Bluetooth and Macs don't mix

Its true, Bluetooth communication with Pocketmac and BlackBerry isn't currently supported.   As you say, it'd be nice if that'd change in the future.   Honestly, I'd be suprised if it didn't.  

I have talked with Mac users who have had sucess transfering thier Address book to the Mac, but bidirectional communication generally dosn't work.

Trusted Contributor
payroll
My Device: Blackberry Bold

Re: Blackberry Bluetooth and Macs don't mix

I haven't been able to get my bluetooth on my mac and my Blackberry to link to the point where it would sync either. Hopefully this will be enabled in the future.
CEO/Editor In Cheif
www.SmartphoneNation.com