Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
Lorest
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Bold 900 User tools CD will not install

Hi everyone. I just bought the Bold at New years. I am VERY NOVICE but need the document portability and email contact for my work. When I insert the cd, the drive just hums like it will run then stops, then repeats etc. Eventually it just stops and there is a blank grey screen. The cd is functional as I can run it in my son's laptop (he has XP. I have Vista).

I have tried a couple of downloadable versions (I beleive I need the media version, as I use +++ documents) but they don't seem to work either a (although they do appear to install)

I have many many more questions but if I can't install the software, everything else is moot at this point. I would appreciate your help and instructions in as ELEMENTARY terms as possible.

thank you so much!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: Blackberry Bold 900 User tools CD will not install

uninstall the desktop manager :
http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB02206&sliceId=2&docTy...

then download Deskop manager 4.7 without media manager.
(media manager = videos + music)

and do the installation again.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.