Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Contributor
bobworthington
My Device: Bold 9700

Blackberry Desktop Manager V6.1 on RIM Website following V7 debacle & Windows 7

I have noticed that RIM have substituted V6.1 munltilanguage for V7 on their website.  

Having tried to download this from the numerous sites suggested by others and faound that I get a message 'Blackbery Destop Manager is not working - Windows in looking for a solution' I did a clean uninstall and reinstalled it from the RIM website only to get the same message.  If i then do a compatiability check Windows 7 is not listed.  What is going on!!! Can anybody offer a solution?

Windows did a large security update at about the time that we all installed V7.  Is there something in the update that could be causing V7 & V6.1 not to work with Windows 7?  Does V7 or 6.1 work with XP and not with Windows 7?

This is getting beyond a joke.

Contributor
Jafk-9810
My Device: Torch 9810

Re: Blackberry Desktop Manager V6.1 on RIM Website following V7 debacle & Windows 7

Gidday Bob

After all my own problems, re-installing v.6.1.B38 works fine with WinXP Pro SP3 for me.

I un-installed DM v.7 and re-installed DM v.6.x, which I had on my local HDDs.

And yes, I agree, it is beyond a joke - even one in very poor taste.

My sympathy and commiserations to you, and all who cannot get working properly again.