Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

Blackberry Desktop Manager for Mac tries to Delete calendar appointments when syncing?

I am using Blackberry Desktop Manager for Mac version 1.0.3 build 19.  When I try to sync my blackberry bold 9000 (which IS set to keep all appointments forever, I verified this first), I get an error message stating that "Syncing with BlackBerry Desktop Manager will change more than 25% of your calendars, events, or todos on this computer." It says Add 0 Modify 0 Delete 225.  My only options are to Sync Later, Sync Calendars, or Show Details (which shows just random appointments to delete that occurred in the past, no real rhyme or reason for the specific ones chosen for deletion).  I have 33.1MB free on the device under Application Memory Free Space.  What's going on?  Why is it asking to delete a bunch of my calendar appointments?  How do I fix this?

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Blackberry Desktop Manager for Mac tries to Delete calendar appointments when syncing?

I have this exact same problem.  I have the Bold 9700 and this happens when I try and sync with my MacBook Pro.  I would really like to fix this as I am ready to chuck my two week old 9700 and buy an iPhone.  HELP!

New Contributor

Re: Blackberry Desktop Manager for Mac tries to Delete calendar appointments when syncing?

Mine is a MacBook Pro as well; I am with you on the iPhone!  We're showing as eligible for an upgrade a few days after it is supposed to come out, but other than the incompatibility with the Mac, I love my BlackBerry. Smiley Sad 

New Contributor

I have been on a BlackBerry for 6 years and it always worked like a charm with my PC.  I switched to a Mac a year ago as I was fed up with Windows and would not do Vista and could not wait for 7.  

I reconfigured my home office gear to suit the Mac - printer, monitor, etc. and swore that I would not dump my BB for an iPhone.  Now I have just renewed my BB and got the new 9700 but if this synching a BB with a Mac cannot be depended upon, I will put my 9700 up on Craigslist and pay full pop for the new iPhone 4!  Cannot believe that RIM can just ignore Mac users as they are growing in number every day.  Maybe Mr. Balsillie has been too side-tracked with acquiring an NHL team and lost sight of the fact that he has a company to run?  If they (RIM) want more consumer biz they had better get off their butts and make these small things work because Apple is eating their lunch.  

New Contributor

It sounds like we have the same story; I was fed up with windows constantly crashing and having viruses for no apparent reason at all, etc, and switched to Mac back in December, also swearing off iPhone.  It's sad to see that RIM doesn't seem to care about creating a quality product for Mac users.  Of course, they have just released the Desktop Manager software for Mac recently, so it is only realistic that they would have some kinks to work out, but it's taking them a long time to figure out this issue and unfortunately, I can't just sit around and wait on them to figure it out.  I believe we are eligible for upgrades a few days after the new iPhone comes out, and if we can get them at the new contract/lowest rate, I'm there. 

New Contributor

Just playing around to see if I could try something different to figure out the "delete 25%" issue.  I noticed that you mentioned in your original post that you had set your BB to keep appointments forever.  Well I thought that I had done the same.  It turns out that I had not!  This evening I have set my new BB to keep appointments forever and I have had success in sync-ing.  I have made some test entries and they are working out OK so far without any hangups. I am reluctant to say that I have solved my problems with sync and Desktop mgr for Mac but I will try some things over the course of the next few days and see if I go forward problem free.  I will report again in a few days.  In the meantime, I am keeping my fingers crossed!   

New Contributor

I am glad you found your solution.  I have noticed a couple of different times (after software updates, actually) that the BlackBerry calendar settings were changed and all I had to do was change them back.  Sadly, it's not so simple for me this time, I double-checked that option and even changed it to 90 days then back to Forever, but it still wants to delete appointments.  

I'm glad you were able to solve yours! Smiley Happy

New Contributor

I am not ready to say that it is "solved" but I am hopeful.  I also called my provider's BB tech support desk (Bell) and after piddling around with them for quite some time I was able to get them to "escalate" the problem.  I know that as soon as I have one thing worked out, something else will surface so if I can find a cleaner route to resolution, perhaps I can use that route again when the next issue arises.  They have told me to expect a call in 5 days from the escalation department.  If I learn anything from that I will be sure to return and post my findings.  

My Device: Blackberry 8900
My Carrier: At&T

i've been having the same issues as the two of you. i changed my blackberry to keep appointments forever to no avail. if you hear of anything please write back to this forum, i'd be eternally grateful, this is ridiculous

New Contributor

I have not heard back from tech support after my problem was "escalated".  My synching seems to work fairly well now with the odd duplication now and then and some changes not getting picked up by both calendars (my Mac and my BB).  Will plod along this way for the time being.  I have resigned myself to bite the bullet and pick up the new iPhone 4 when it becomes available in Canada.  At that time I will be saying so long to my days with a BB and will have a fairly new Bell BB 9700 for sale.