Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Contributor
Baer
My Device: Tour 9630

Re: Blackberry Desktop Manager hangs at "Preparing Sync Preview"

That is not how I understand it. I had a chance to see and use the NEW WIndows phone 7.7 (not 7) at CES and from what I saw it could sync directly with Outlook. In fact that was a key factor.

In any case, the e mail clitch a few months ago, our two year old or new Blackberry's spontaiously rebooting every few days, and now this, that is the end. Hell, I will take us to Droids if I have to. Every day that goes buy with no admission and no "sorry" just pisses me off more! Do they not get it???? We lost the better part of a day!!!:Censored:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Baer

Opps. sorry 7.5 not 7.7

Please use plain text.
Contributor
DrJWR
My Device: 9930 OS7

Aah, that's pretty interesting and if true it would be a welcome change from the Windows 7 phone that I contemplated switching to down at the Sprint store.  I hope it's true, not just for your sake, and perhaps mine, but in order to drive RIM to be more competitive:  BlackBerry's long ago lost cache as cutting edge electronic handhelds, but they have kept a work advantage by syncing with Outlook and by buying up DataViz so that you now get, for free, software that fully works with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.  If MS has changed their approach so that a simple desktop program provides a (so to speak) plug and play syncing with Outlook, BlackBerry will have to improve dramatically or risk losing the one market share they have held to.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Baer

The system and phone that I saw is the new Nokia Windows 7 phones. MUCH better than the old Windows phones. I was very suprised. They are only available on AT&T right now but I am told that they will be available on Verizon and T-Mobil soon. I sure hope so.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
DrJWR
My Device: 9930 OS7

Wow, that's even more interesting:  Nokia hardware with a Windows 7 system that actually will sync directly to Outlook on our desktops.  If RIM can't get its act together, and by that I'm thinking that if the new phones that will run the QNX OS are buggy, or if we have to deal with more disasters like DM software that won't sync -- the heart of our work phones -- RIM may have finally lost my business.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Gtallis
My Device: Curve 9330

Did you get an answer on this yet - I have the exact problem, I'm getting tired of trying to maintain 2 seperate calendars, this is with the version 6.0 Bundle 3049, Win 7 and Outlook 2007

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gvoigt
My Device: torch 9000

I just re installed desktop 6.0 and every thing is wooing great.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
thrc
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks.  I installed version 7 and reinstalled version 6 and that works fine.  Just annoying to have been taken on an unsolicited venture into an impenetrable swamp.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gvoigt
My Device: torch 9000

Anyone have comments on the latest upgrade of desktop offered for download 6.1.0? 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BB_User1
My Device: Curve 8310

gvoigt wrote:

Anyone have comments on the latest upgrade of desktop offered for download 6.1.0? 

I believe all who are referring to Desktop Manager 6.0 are referring to Desktop Software v6.1.0 B38 Published Date 02-17-12. It certainly won't hurt to go to Download DM 6.1 B38 (https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22) to get a fresh copy. Besides following all of the good advice for uninstalling the previous version via the control panel, I would highly recommend: 1) after uninstall, perform a shutdown and cold reboot; 2) create a system restore point after rebooting and 3) turn off all virus scan programs. The latter seemed to work for me. (Good Luck!)

Please use plain text.