Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: O2

Re: Blackberry Desktop Manager hangs at "Preparing Sync Preview"

One of the early posts in this thread has a link to download 6.1 - use that.
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: Verizon

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/browseSoftware.do

blackberry has reposted the 6.1 download.

My Device: 9800
My Carrier: TELUS

Solution

This is what I did and it FINALLY worked.

1.  Open Blackberry Desktop Software

2.  From device tab, select backup da ta, and do so..

3.  When backup finished, select device tab, and click on delete data

4. Delete all the data from the smartphone.

5 When completed, synchronize all data.  Mine just flew through this step, as apposed to hanging up for 4 hours previously.

This worked well, and though there are some old calender entries I will have to fiddle with, it is functioning perfectly now.

New Contributor
My Device: torch 9000
My Carrier: Bell

OK .... Nice news that 7.0 works but what's better in 7.0 that was not in 6.0. ????

Now that 7.0 has been withdrawn as I'm told .... What now do we do ....

Why does RIM not figure this out and send a bulletin rather than a customer figuring this out ????

GV

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10 + Torch + Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone Uk

"Now that 7.0 has been withdrawn as I'm told .... What now do we do"

Wait until they have fixed 7 and released it is all you can do.
New Contributor
My Device: torch
My Carrier: rogers

Uninstall it and re-install 6 - which is now on the BB site, and available from numerous other places.  You can goole it to find it. Hopefully they will have the issue corrected and the v7 released soon. That is all you can do, nothing more.

Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630

We can change phones. There is still no admission? Still no apology? Still no recognition that this cost a lot of us a days productivity?
That is B S
Contributor
My Device: 9930 OS7
My Carrier: Sprint

I know  . . .  I know . . .  and RIM has the nerve to run a video ad on their webpage "it's a tool not a toy," when they can't get the most fundamental part of the business tool correct, syncing with Outlook, which is the principle reason that I stick with my BB.

Oh, as an added bonus, RIM's OS 7.1 Bundle 921 caused an error in my 9930 that cost me several hours today with the Sprint tech:  we finally had to completely wipe the data from the phone and I had to spend the time then reinstalling and getting my work "tool" working again.

Can't wait for the QNX phone OS and how it improves my work life also.  Oh, have I griped (Yes, many times) that it's likely not to be dual core . . .

Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630

I could care less if it is a dual core. We are going to the new WIndows phone as soon as it is available on Verizon. If it is not available on Verizon soon we will consider going back to AT&T. With no admission, no apology this is unforgivable.

Contributor
My Device: 9930 OS7
My Carrier: Sprint

Yup, I understand.  I thought of a Windows phone prior to the 9930.  But Windows phones don't sync directly to Outlook on your computer.  MS's reason is "how complicated" it was to run their individual syncing software compared to the ease of syncing with a central server.  Uh, sure, if you say so.  What it really means is that MS has made a phone that won't  effectively work with its own software and, more to the point:  In an attemp to drive all MS customers to the cloud (hoping to forestall Google here), and exert ifluence if not control over your work habits, you can only sync via the internet, through a MS server and your live.com account. It made me so mad that I stuck with RIM.  But I do understand switching.