Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 8700

Re: Blackberry Desktop Manager hangs at "Preparing Sync Preview"

Just sent an EMail to 'help@rim.com' and received an EMail telling me they won't help.

There was an airline called PAN AM which had the same attitude.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold

the problem has reappeared again after a dozen of consecutive sync....

The best marketing strategy for Apple should to offer a switch to IPhone by giving a great discount to current BB owner.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9930 Touch

Thinking of doing a windows 7 restore to an earlier point when this Failure / BUG did work with my sync, but really don't want to go to all that trouble.

Any comments or suggestions? should we just wait for a fix?
Contributor
My Device: 9930 OS7

Same problem:  Windows XP; DM ran flawlessly with 6.X; just installed 7.X and hangs up at "Preparing Sync Preview."  Trying to sync 9930

My Device: Bold 9930

I too installed, removed and reinstalled several times on my XP machine.  It looks like the software is **bleep** and syncing to a desktop calendar will not be happening until RIM figures it out.

Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

It is really shame on RIM that they have come up with an upgrade with problems.....I had down loaded the new DM 7 today and faced the problem....SO decided to roll back to v6.1.0.35....

So remove the DM 7 thru the Control Panel....reboot the computer....then visit.http://www.blackberryforums.com/rim-software/253387-archived-rim-desktop-software.html and doenload the last version....

It worked with me....So I hope it will work for you.......

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8530

Same problem as already described. Win 7. Let sit for 2 hours and never completed.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10 + Torch + Playbook

Oh fun again with BB and software, Head in Sand comes to mind. But a big organisation cannot pull the rabbit out of a hat and will need time to fix things so they need a break but the one who released the update needs sacked now.

Looking at the error log the problem I am having which sounds the same as everyone else is the DM is looking for the outlooks active profile and can't find the profile name and then waits and waits trying to get it and with no timeout set doesn't break out of the loop.

Just my take on it.

New Contributor
My Device: torch 9000

This software update is another piece of **bleep**. This will be the second time I downloaded your updates and it cost me a day of grief. Does anyone ever test this stuff. I've had to find the old 6.1.0 and go back to that. Guys ....this is unforgivable. Why to I stay loyal ???
Contributor
My Device: 9930 OS7

After about 20 minutes, the "preview" showed itself.  Several hundred "conflicts" were named that needed to be resolved; why, I'm not sure since the 9930 was synced daily, sometimes twice daily, with DM 6.X  The window showing the conflicts, and asking how to resolve them, was opaque in meaning, so I just clicked proceed, knowing that I had a backup, and that my laptop still runs DM 6.X with everything backed up there.  Hundreds of overdue notices then appeared on the desktop Outlook.  Once all this was cleared up, DM 7.X now runs fine.

But, when first running DM 7.X (not since then) I also had to reset each sync configurarion -- calendar, contacts, memos, and so on -- with Outlook, and had to deal with a dialogue box never seen before that gave the option of "Outlook" or "Outlook backup" for connecting, whatever that meant.