Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
gvoigt
My Device: torch 9000
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Blackberry Desktop Manager hangs at "Preparing Sync Preview"

Thanks arspira for the comments. I'm happy you have been able to contact someone at RIM. I live in Waterloo and all my contacts have been let go by RIM. Looks like the old saying "threw the baby out with the bath water" holds true.

They truly have lost contact with the businesses that depend on this device that for the most part operates day in and day out without a whimper. I just keep shaking my head why nobody took the time to field test it. All they had to do was walk down the street and find 50 businesses and do a test ......This important business for Waterloo and Canada  is being badly managed. Hope your contact has a route to the top. I'd sure like to attend a performance meeting.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MDOsborn
My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: Verizon

Hmm. I have Windown 7-64 bit and Outlook 2010.  Used BB Desktop v.6 until last week.  Downloaded 7 when the "advisor" said a new version was available.  Very bad decision.

After a couple days of horsing around, I tried a variation of your procedure (before I read this). I don't have any Memo/Notes, but the Tasks (by itself) synched OK.  Then tried Contacts (but two-way, not one-way) and it locked on the Preparing Preview window.  Did not get to the point of trying to synch calendars; gave up and uninstalled 7 and reinstalled 6.  Have had some problems with 6 thinking my BB is a new device, and some trash data showing up in Home Address 2, but nothing I couldn't deal with.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
thrc
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Blackberry Desktop Manager hanfs at "Preparing Sync Preview"

I have same problem which not solved even by leaving to run overnight. Trying to find solution. Is it to abandon version 7 and re-install earlier version?
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
wilwoods
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Rogers

@thrc.. that is the only solution.. uninstall 7 and re-install 6 and you should be OK
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Baer
My Device: Tour 9630

And still no statement from RIM? That alone is enough to make many of us say....enough!!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
elload

I've had very little issues after I went through and updated both devices how I originally posted.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Baer

Nor have we had anymore issues. THAT IS NOT THE POINT!! We lost many hours and a half days productivity. That cost alone would pay for replacing a lot of phones.

I am really angry because:

1. They sent out this garbage in the first place

2. They have never come forward and helped mitigate or even acknowledge

3. They just let the community figure it out for themselvs

So if that is how they treat a customer base they deserve to fail.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
DrJWR
My Device: 9930 OS7
My Carrier: Sprint

Yup, I know I'm repeating myself, but this bodes poorly for RIM because syncing with Outlook by plugging in your BlackBerry for about 60 seconds, often several times a day, is crucial to a BB work phone.  In fact, it's a key reason for keeping a BB phone and not switching to some other phone with another OS.  (The sync problem is not merely an "issue," such as Angry Birds not running right on my daughter's Android.)

And I was so hoping that RIM would catch up with the industry and offer its QNX next year with a dual core.  But, alas, they can't get something right like switching from the old (intellisync) interface to the new RIM sync process without a collapse.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
elload

Dude, I'm not talking about the customer service, or the fact that RIM didn't properly code and then subsequent discover the error before they shipped. I was commenting on someone indicating the only fix they could apply was to go to a previous version. I'm neither defending RIM or trying to argue.
Please use plain text.
apo
Visitor
apo
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodacom

Same prob: Win 7 BB Bold 9700 hangs @ Prep sync preview, does eventually move on after 70+ mins though. Does NOT resolve conflicts on sync both ways for Calender & Contacts if you choose machine or computer wins unfortunately. Want to reinstall earlier version of Desktop software but unable to find it online. BAD news programming!!

Please use plain text.