Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
zenmungo
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Blackberry Desktop Software 6.1.0.35 fails to launch with "BlackBerry Desktop Software has stopped working"

I am biting the bullet and have decided to completely reinstall WIndows 7...I'll install the DTM software first and make sure that anything I subseqently install doesn't conflict it.

Will post the results...stay tuned

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
zenmungo

Re: Blackberry Desktop Software 6.1.0.35 fails to launch with "BlackBerry Desktop Software has stopped working"

Unfortunately complete Windows 7 uninstall did not work. My IT department reckons the issue lies with the installation being on in a Windows 7 domain environment which prevents programs from changing the local registry, and this is what causes the issue.

Hopefully RIM will fix this fault in the next update, until then I will sync on my old PC running XP which runs DTM 6.1 without a hitch...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
waipa
My Device: 9800

Hi All,

I have posted the same problem elsewhere in this forum - but I have carried out the program removal, re-installed and still I cannot get the Desktop Manager to function since the version 6.1  upgrade.

As I note the posting here are now over 3 x months old , it gives me no comfort that others also haven't been able to resolve this issue.

Our company has several Blackberry 9800 units and those owners who work on the XP and Vixta platforms are also having the same problem, those with Windows 7 are OK, so is this a Microsoft issue, not RIM.

Whatever, I am getting desperate to have the means of transferring my work files onto the phone.

Looks like I will have to change phones to be able to work overseas and ditch my Blackberry after successfully using various Blackberry models over the years.

If there is a last minute solution then all good - but I am down to days before I leave for a months trip away, so its looking like an iPhone will be needed and unfortunately ditch the Blackberry

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
zenmungo

The odd thing for me is that this issue is not universal. I installed the Desktop software on my Windows 7 PC at home and it worked first time, with none of these issues.

The solution for me is to use a service called Syncamatic which uses Blackberry's push email service to sync contacts and calendar and apart from a few dupes here and there has been working pretty well. They also provide pretty good email support (unlike some large mobile phone companies out there!) which gave me enough confidence to sign up with them for a year. The package I am on is about $5-6/month which is worth it as far as I am concerned.

Check it out - there is a (I think) one month free trial https://ssl.syncamatic.com/

Hope it works for you.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
waipa
My Device: 9800

Unfortunatey the vendor of our companys Blackberrys has locked us into a set ISP/ 3G service.

Have mentioned to him that this is not on and I cannot work without the file sync' service.

He is going to do me a deal for an iPhone tomorrow, so goodbye Blackberry which is unfortunate considering the excellent service I have had in the past.

But dont seem to be able to make contact with their tech' services and that is bad - -

Thanks for your suggestion

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nandopinheiro
My Device: 9300

It´s unbelivable this problem is still fully operational after 7 months since it was noted first time. The Desktop Manager 6.1 doesn´t work in my Professional Computer, even in my personal laptop, and i´m starting to get pissed with this problem. I also did everything, uninstalled the software, i cleaned the registries, i did update windows 7, etc.. RIM, How the hell do we solve this problem??

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Awolowik
My Device: bold 9650

I just started having the same problem.  I can't figure out how to contact blackberry support.  if I can't figure out a solution soon, I will be bidding farewell to blackberry.

I can't believe people have been having this issue for so long and it has not been addressed.  no wonder the others are pushing BB out of the market.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nandopinheiro
My Device: 9300

The solution i found was to DOWNGRADE the Desktop Manager to version 5.1. You still can find this version on the internet. At least now i can use my BB as 3G modem. But i agree with you @Awolowik, everything is more complicated using Blackberry, (Starting with this stupid B.I.S.). I won´t be surprised, with the rate that they are losing market, this company shall broke in one, or 2 years.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bazrah99
My Device: Bold

Hi all.

We found this issue whilst designing our new Windows 7 Enterprise desktop build. After much troubleshooting we narrowed down the issue to roaming profiles, or specifically the APPDATA folder.

As soon as we disabled roaming APPDATA in our test group policy the application started working as intended. I know this is hardly a fix but it should give you something new to test instead of banging your heads off the nearest IT wall.

In our case the application is only used by 4-5 users so we have work arounds for those specific people's profiles.

Good luck.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Awolowik
My Device: bold 9650

Thank you!

How do i disable the appdata file?

Also, what is the function of the appdata file?

Please use plain text.