Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

SWH
New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9520

Blackberry Desktop Software 6, Windows 7, Storm 9520 - BDS Stopped Working

Help would be appreciated!

Downloaded latest DTM from Blackberry site & installed onto Vaio, Win 7 Home Premium 64bit & sync with Outlook 2003.

It was working OK but not sync'ing the calendar which was set up to an old mailbox. I swapped the mailbox and tried to sync it but DTM keeps crashing.

I've tried everything I can think of & find on the wen:

Run as administrator - Will not allow me to connect to the handset at all

Run in compatibility mode [tried various] - Still crashes

Reinstalled DTM - Deleted completely, downloaded & reinstalled fresh version, just the same.

Message I get is the common 'Blackberry Desktop Software has stopped working.

At the moment I can't finish setting up the synchronisation, it crashes while setting up organiser

This is starting to get right on my pip.

Thanks!

SWH
New Contributor

Re: Blackberry Desktop Software 6, Windows 7, Storm 9520 - BDS Stopped Working

I should add..

I've just removed DTM 6 again & been through the registry and deleted all the RIM keys etc I can find.

Downloading 6.1.0 again & will do a fresh install, hopefully from scratch. It may be that the keys which got left behind were corrupted. I'll update once it's installed again...

And it was the mailbox on the handset which I changed because it was wrong originally, was set to 'desktop' rather than my mailbox under Default Settings.

SWH
New Contributor

Right no change.
I'm getting seriously hacked off now.
SWH
New Contributor

It seems to be the memo pad & calendar which ar giving the most trouble...

I can sync contacts on their own....

I can't sync the calendar from the device to Outlook, it crashes during set up.

I CAN sync from Outlook to device. But a few seconds after completing sync, it crashes.

I'm not an **bleep**, I've tried more than should be necessary to make it work. I genuinely do feel that this software is simply not good enough, it's too bug-ridden. Is it just because I have an 'old' device [V5 software] & 'old' Outlook?

My time is valuable and so far I've wasted several hours trying to set this thing up. It needs to just work or heaven forbid I'll be changing to a iPhone....

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm all out...

SWH
New Contributor

I have it set up to 2 way sync Calendar & Contacts.

It connects [both via cable & bluetooth] and then at the 'Action Engine' it comes up with Blackberry Desktop Software has stopped working.

HOWEVER.. it does carry on and process the contacts & calendar behind the dialogue box although it doesn't actually sync any data into either device. The it crashes fully.

Can I get an old version of DTM from anywhere...?