Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
gatekeeper1950
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Blackberry Desktop Software Failed to validate your blackberry device update - MAC

[ Edited ]

Thanks a lot for further advise. Much appreciated to be honest, I hesitate to proceed with what you recommend. I am afraid I might nuke my OS and my phone becomes an expensive paperweight. I am still wondering why OS updates are shown under Windows but nothing shows under Mac Desktop software. do not want run an upgrade but simply install the "password vault". A few minutes ago tried it under Windows. DM will not allow any program add/removes until these "core components" are installed. I stress it here again. These core components are already installed. What will happens if I install outdated core components? Sometimes I think a 3rd party application became corrupt or is 'faulty' but they have been downloaded via the app store Thanks

/addendum - I have tried to figure out how to upload screenshots, to no avail

other users on this board seem to have the same issue

Blackberry Support Forums

Super Contributor
fs_james
My Device: *

Re: Blackberry Desktop Software Failed to validate your blackberry device update - MAC

Dear Thanks for your appreciation for that you can give me a kudo. Thats not a requirement its just a joke. OK lets come to the point

Dear i want to see your system screenshot to figure out about the problem you are facing from one step to last. YOu can upload these on any website and then send me the lik so that i can view them from my side and sugges you further. If you able to do so then i will be much much in a easy way to help you out of your problem.

Thanks in advance Take care waiting for your kind reply.

New Contributor
gatekeeper1950
My Device: Torch 9800

screenshot

HI 

I hope that link will work for you. Click on the album. It includes 3 pix (one is a double)

thx

New Contributor
BikeBerry
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9300

I'm having the same problem and just posted it (before I found this thread). Was this problem ever solved? I am also encountering problems with disk permissions and Mac OS tells me that it "can't repair the disk 'NO NAME'" when I connect the BB to my MacBook with a USB cable.

Thanks,

-RE.

ernie21
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700

I've been having issues the last few days with the apps on my phone. I haven't done anything different... just randomly stopped working. At first I thought it was just a data problem, but I figured out the data actually seems to be working because I can use the browser to go to different web pages, including facebook which i can log into and work just fine from there. but from the facebook app i can't get any feeds. I've tried using other apps on my bold as well and it tells me I need data connection to use it. The other day, it was working for a bit when I had a wifi connection. But this was just for like couple hours in the day. Then once I went out and lost the wifi connection and came back home, no apps were working yet again. I thought maybe I should sync or update my phone software or something by connecting to desktop software from my mac, but there were no updates. my phone seems to be fully updated. I did a sync and it worked fine as usual. Then I went to the applications link and tried to delete a couple apps, which was when I got that same error message. All I was doing was trying to remove japanese support and input, plus google talk. I'm really confused to what the problem could be. If I can't fix this problem or if things like this keep coming up, I am definitely going to switch to the iphone. This is not the first time ive had issues with blackberry.

sergioquan
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000

Hello, I know you probably changed phone... but I will reply just in case other search this forun for this problem. I had the same error message trying to add a language to my Torch 9800, using desktop software in my MAC, so I installed the desktop software on Windows using pararells and it worked perfect, so I´m guessing is the mac version that has that problem. Have a great day