Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
jackiewalts
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Desktop Software Not Accessible after Reinstall

I was having trouble syncing my Outlook calendar, so I took some advice from this forum to unistall and reinstall the Blackberry Desktop software V4.2.2 for my Blackberry Curve.  I did so and took it through Application loader, but now that nifty desktop software icon is gone from my desktop and I can't find a way to connect to sync at all.  How do I access the software to sync if I can't find the software on my computer at all?
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Blackberry Desktop Software Not Accessible after Reinstall

Hi, and welcome to the forums,

Please specify your PC type and Operating system

Also which version of Outlook are you using.

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
jackiewalts

I am using Outlook 2007, Windows XP and have a Dell Laptop - Latitude D830.  I think what I'm missing is the desktop manager.  I'm not the most technical of people, but I'd define it as "that nifty button with the blue squares that was on my desktop before I decided to get creative".
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

If you check under Start | Programs, see if there's a BlackBerry folder listed. If so, look for Desktop Manager. If you find it you can right-click the icon and choose Send To | Desktop to recreate the shortcut that you had on your desktop before. You can also verify that it still is installed on your computer by going to Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs to see if the BlackBerry Desktop Software is listed.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor
jackiewalts

Re: Blackberry Desktop Software Not Accessible after Reinstall - Fixed!

Okay, this is why marketing consultants aren't usually allowed to do their own tech support.  I was installing Blackberry Device Manager, not Desktop Manager, which makes total sense.  Obviously, not available on the desktop if the software is meant to go on the device.  I finally found the right software and now it is not only on my computer, but my syncing problems appear to be fixed.

Thank you for your help.