Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Desktop Software and Palm Desktop v6.2

I am a happy new Blackberry so far, but have come across something that is very annoying.  I am attempting to move the data off my Palm TX, but the Blackberry Desktop does not recognize the version of the Palm Desktop software that I am using.

What is making this difficult:

• It appears that I have an unsupported version of Palm Desktop (at least from Blackberry's perspective).
  • I do not have the option to go to an older Palm Desktop version.  Older versions do not run on Vista.
  • I do not have Outlook. 

Any thoughts?
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Creator of the Idea Catch PlayBook application

My favorite Apple product is apple sauce.
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Blackberry Desktop Software and Palm Desktop v6.2

[ Edited ]

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Would you be open to buying Outlook 2003? If you can get your contacts into a csv file format, you can transfer them into outlook. And then to the BB. This could be done independent of your Palm software. I would have to research the calendar, if you tell me what version of palm software you current calendar resides on.

This is a third party app that would convert everything into a .csv that would be imported to Outlook .

http://www.livepim.com/pd-csv/index.htm

Your thoughts?

Message Edited by Bifocals on 09-02-2008 12:51 AM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Developer

I have everything in Palm Desktop v 6.2.  Looks unavoidable that I'm going to have to get Outlook since BB doesn't have any other software it will sync with that supports Calendar, Tasks, and Contacts.  Thanks for the info.

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Glad the rest of it transferred

Here is the link for Outlook transfer:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB03050&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

If you need further assistance please ask!

If not, Please resolve the thread using the green check in the post that contained the solution.

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Developer

Well, I finally got my Palm data transferred.  First, I was pleasantly suprised that Yahoo actually does have support for the Task List, which was the only thing I thought it was lacking.  I performed a sync of my BB with Yahoo and saw that a test entry of each type was uploaded to Yahoo and vice versa.  Therefore, my problem was then a matter of getting the Palm data up to Yahoo.

Approach 1:  Use the Yahoo Sync tool with the Palm Desktop.

Result:  Didn't work.  Yahoo Sync doesn't support Palm Desktop 6.2.

Approach 2:  Save the Palm data to an archive file and use the Yahoo Import tool.

Result:  Didn't work.  The file format for Palm Desktop 6.2 was not supported by Yahoo.

Approach 3:  Dig a flaky notebook out of my workshop and install an older version of the Palm Desktop.

Result:  I got the Palm Desktop installed, then noticed that this notebook had Outlook on it.   I synched my Palm with Outlook, then installed the Yahoo Sync tool.  Performed a sync and all my Palm data was sucked up into Yahoo.  Went back to my Vista machine and ran the BB sync and all the Yahoo data came down.

Finally!

Thanks for all your help.