Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Pearl 9105

Blackberry Desktop Software installation fails !

Hello,

I purchased a Blackberry Pearl 9105 and face the following problem:

When launching Blackberry Desktop Software setup, the program first starts the installation of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistribuable 2008. This one refuses to install without any error message which prevents the Blackberry Desktop Software setup to proceed normally.

I use have a Lenovo Intel Core 2 Duo 2,4 Ghz, 4GB RAM and Windows 7 64 bits with enough disk space.

I tried to install independently Microsoft Visual C++ Redistribuable 2008 but did not manage to do so. I have to say that before crashing the installation program proposes me to either 1. repair the program 2. Uninstall it, which makes me think that I already have a (probably more recent) version of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistribuable installed on my computer.

Can somebody help me ??? It is really annoying not to be able to use fully my new phone !

Thanks in advance,

Fabrice

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Blackberry Desktop Software installation fails !

Hello eyeflex,

Since you are trying to install a Windows based application (Microsoft Visual C++ Redistribuable 2008), it is advised to contact your computer manufacturer or Microsoft support for assistance.

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch

Re: Blackberry Desktop Software installation fails !

I have a MacBook. I had the Desktop Software installed, but when I tried to upgrade, the installation failed. I completely uninstalled the old version, and tried again, and again, but the same message comes. "The installation failed, please contact your software provider".