Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Visitor
Peter151
My Device: Curve 8520

Blackberry Desktop Software not allowing me to import my contacts to PC

I followed all of the instructions perfectly but cant seem to import my contacts from my Curve 8520 to my computer using the blackberry software. There is an information bar that says there are settings on my device that are preventing syncronisation of some items and below that a link in blue - Turn Off Wireless sync - I have tried to click this link and follow the instructions but, my Curve does not even have the wireless sync option... somebody please help me!!!!!

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Blackberry Desktop Software not allowing me to import my contacts to PC

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

There could be two places on your BB that have wireless sync turned on, preventing the Desktop Sync from working. One is within the email configuration, and the other is within the options within the Contacts app.

However, if you indeed are using wireless sync for your contacts, then using a secondary desktop sync is actually unwise, isn't it? If you, for example, are syncing your contacts OTA against GMail, then you should be using the GMail interface to your contacts from your computer rather than trying to sync from the device to some computer PIM (e.g., Outlook).

Then again, not knowing your full situation, I'm only guessing...

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code