Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
vpsaxena
My Device: 9300

Re: Blackberry Desktop Software not responding

i followed all these steps recomended - but not working for me.

I google arround and looks like desktop software ver 7 had so many similar issues. So I looked at blackberry desktop software download site again and surprizingly I noticed ver 7 has been removed from download site. Now ver 6 (610_b038_multilanguage) is there to download. I download that.

uninstalled previous version

cleaned registery using cccleaner 

rebooted

ran ccclean again and did not find any registry issue

installed 610_b038_multilanguage

ran the desktop software and again same issue -- it just hangs with white screen saying not respnding...

I am very disapponted with this blackberry issue. Not sure what RIM is doing to solve this or where to take help.

New Contributor
Sigalas
My Device: Bold 9700

I bet that they are going to do something about that! The first thing was to take back the update so the are working to the issue! Sometimes good things take some time to be completed succesfully!

New Contributor
jasdeese
My Device: Curve 9330

I went through all of the steps and still have the same problem.  I have a 64 bit processor and with windows 7 64 bit there have been compatibility issues with some software.  This is obviously a problem with the 6.1 revision and one would think that RIM would monitor this board and either develop a fix or advise how to overcome it. 

New Contributor
vpsaxena

I hope so. My laptop is also Intel core i5-2520M with win 7 enterprise 64 bit SP1.

On my other PC with vista 32 bit it works fine. 

New Contributor
carolyn66
My Device: Torch 9810

Hi,  It sounds like Blackberry Desktop has not completely uninstalled.  To complete the uninstall you might just try this -

Do Ctrl Alt Del and start Task Manager.

Look in 'applications' and make sure no Blackberry there.  If so 'end process'.

Under 'processes' look in Description for anything Blackberry or RIM and 'end process' on each.

Then find the following folders and delete all RIM and Blackberry files.

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion

C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Desktop

I can't promise that will do it but it is a good start.

New Contributor
vpsaxena

i followed these steps as well. found a process rim*** running and killed that. deleted all folders "research in motion".. cleared registery. installed again desktop software... but same issue is still happening. 

kyazain
My Device: 8520

[ Edited ]

I've done everything you guys have suggested but it's still is not working..  :Dots:

orelove
My Device: blackberry curve 9360

Where to find blackberry desktop software
extremelydissapointed
My Device: Curve

[ Edited ]

Is there nothing from Blackberry to address this problem?  I am still dealing with the issue of white box and the application not responding - despite numerous uninstalls, cleaning registry, etc.  Still no success and still no answers...somebody please help!

New Contributor
smallass57
My Device: blackberry bold 9790

Hi my name is Bill. I have a problem with th bb desktop software. In the bottom right corner , it states disconnected. The bb bold 9790 in the colume on the right stays highlighted I do not have the software to redownload and my cd drive on my laptop is faulty can any one please help thanks