Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Media Manager NOT working for Blackberry storm (wont install on computer)

Hello 2months ago I got a Blackberry storm. Its a good phone but I have one problem that would make it much better. When I try installing the desktop manager, everything installs besides the Roxio Media manager. It gives me an error and cancels the installation of Roxio and continues with the other stuff. I really want to transfer Photos and Videos from my phone to my computer and vice-versa. Please tell me what I can do to install the Media Manager to get the device working. I am not using the CD's to install, i downloaded it from the blackberry website. The english version WITH media manager, and I even clicked Custom install and made sure it was planning to install it.

My error is this:

Error 1402.Could not find key:

UNKNOWN/ComCtl3.CoolBar/CLSID

Verify you have sufficient access to the key , or contact your support personelle.

What does that mean I have to do?

Hall of Famer II
My Device: PRIV (5.1.1), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Blackberry Media Manager NOT working for Blackberry storm (wont install on computer)

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

You don't need Roxio nor Media Manager to transfer files to/from your BB. Follow these instructions and be sure to download the version of Desktop Manager that is without either of those...

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=BlackBerryDesktopSoftware&thread.id=3...

With that, you'll be able to have 2 additional drive letters on your Windows PC and you can drag-and-drop just like any other drive on your machine. Slick.

Cheers!

Get your 15% discount at ShopBlackBerry.com! Click Here for details.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.
Contributor

Re: Blackberry Media Manager NOT working for Blackberry storm (wont install on computer)

Thanks for the help I followed the advice and it worked until I dragged things onto the blackberry, now all my pictures cant be found or any of my music that i set as ringtones. Could you tell me how to fix this? my computer recognizes Blackberry1 in the G: USB driver and Blackberry2 in the F: driver slot and i tried both but nothing is happening. Btw I just updated my blackberry using the desktop updater to a new version. Where should I drag my ringtones too and pics etc?
Hall of Famer II

Hirokotzu wrote:
Thanks for the help I followed the advice and it worked until I dragged things onto the blackberry, now all my pictures cant be found or any of my music that i set as ringtones. Could you tell me how to fix this?

Can't be found directly on the BB or via the Windows drive letter?

Hirokotzu wrote:
my computer recognizes Blackberry1 in the G: USB driver and Blackberry2 in the F: driver slot and i tried both but nothing is happening.

Nothing is happening...meaning what? If you, as you said above, dragged thing there, then that's something, isn't it?

Hirokotzu wrote:
Btw I just updated my blackberry using the desktop updater to a new version. Where should I drag my ringtones too and pics etc?

Oh dear oh dear...it's never a good idea to try and do multiple things at once. Now we'll never know which is truly causal... Here's what I suggest...

1. Untether
  2. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes.
  3. See if you can see everything via the device file explorer
  4. Reboot the PC
  5. Re-thether and see if the drives are all visible correctly via Windows

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.
Contributor

It cannot be found on the Blackberry, my ringtones are Mpr files, which are ringtone but do not appear on the ringtone list on my blackberry. I noticed if i change music to mp3 format it appear, does format have anything to do with ringtones? Also I renamed my photo's i took from my phone on my computer and now they wont appear on the blackberry (The ones I took since i got it, not the ones transfered from my old phone) I will try the restart, the fast help is greatly appreciated I'll post again soon when its done updating to see if my photos and things appear etc. Btw yes I didnt mean nothing was happening. The Blackberry USB drives are found and they allow me to drag my music and photos on there but it wont appear on the phone. Why is there TWO blackberry drives detected on my computer? Is one the 8GB media card and the other the onboard phone memory?
Hall of Famer II

Hirokotzu wrote:
Why is there TWO blackberry drives detected on my computer? Is one the 8GB media card and the other the onboard phone memory?

That is correct.

Contributor

Ok by changing one song from ringtone format to mp3 it worked but when I try other songs its not updating on the blackberry when i disconnect it. How should I do the procedure to let the songs transfer, should I leave my blackberry in after i drag in drop? I can eject the Phone memory but the Media card cant be ejected from the connection of the USB cord.
Contributor

Nevermind problem solved. MP4 is the correct format and everything is working now. Thanks for the help, I love my phone even more now (it runs so much faster after the restart!)
Hall of Famer II

Excellent! BTW...here is the KB about the supported media formats:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB05482&sliceId=1&docTy...

BTW2 -- does this conclude all of your questions? If so, please do take a moment to mark the thread as solved so that others can know it is so.

Cheers!

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi,

I have a similar problem. When I downloaded the most recent update for the Storm (BBerry 4.7), the Roxio Media Manager didn't fully install. It keeps trying to install but I get Error Message 1327: Invalid Drive E:/. I have tried to uninstall the update so that I can reinstall without Roxio but it won't let me do that either as "installation is in progress." It won't install and it won't uninstall. Help. Thanks.