Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Messenger for Desktops?

Is there any sort of Desktop Messenger software (Windows) that allows someone to chat with my blackberry even if they are not on theirs at the moment?  Thanks.
Forums Advisor II
My Device: T-Mobile 8100

Re: Blackberry Messenger for Desktops?

There is no Windows client for BlackBerry Messanger. This is because BlackBerry Messanger sends messages using the PIN number of devices. Since Windows doesn't have a PIN number it cant communicate. It would be nice if this was an option but alas its not.

The closest thing I have found is the Web2Pin site. You can send PIN messages from your PC web browser. However you can not receive the replys.

Contributor

Thanks. Actually, it would be a nifty idea for RIM to come up with some way to do that. Would make the Blackberry even more useful.
Developer
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

I know this is kind of an old topic, but I've been doing some thinking about this lately.  Google voice does something like this, where I can send/receive messages right from my desktop.  Very nice when I'm at the office.  It wouldn't be difficult to make a server/client app that does this, the trick is getting it to/from BlackBerry.  Can you intercept messages from BlackBerry Messenger in a similar way you can for SMS?  And can you send BlackBerry Messenger messages programatically?  If so, I could probably make this happen.

The interesting thing is, I think there is already a way for the internet to talk to the PIN network.

Recenty we were doing work in a country where we had no cell access, but had Wifi Access and BBM's were coming through, but the phone was not on any network.

Even if the Blackbery Desktop Client could do it... for example, let you send PIN's from an interface when your phone was pluged in.

I'm suprised that this product hasnt been offered previously or as part of BES or something else.

...Skeeve

My Device: Storm 9500
My Carrier: Vodafone Italia

I've noticed the same thing. It could be possible!

My Device: Pearl 8100
My Carrier: Batelco

How about a Bluetooth or USB connection that allow the PC keyboard to type on the BB.  The BB is still the host of the app and the BB screen displays the messages.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: XL

I think a desktop version of blackberry messenger would be really, really nice. And useful. And nice. And useful. Hahaha... I'm really looking forward to it :smileyhappy:

-Arya

Me love blackberry. Me want playbook. Uh! Uh!
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Glo Nigeria

Guys. Come on, I am desperate!  I need BBM on my Mac.  Who will write this first?  Is there nothing out there yet?  Even a controller app for my Blackberry on my Mac will do, as long as it will handle BBM as well.  Anything, anyone! 

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Claro

In my case, when i use BlackBerry as an internet modem, I can't recieve notifications of BBM messages. But when I disconnect the mobile internet, I receive them.

I would like BBM to work, when, while, and at the same time I use the BlackBerry as a modem.