Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Contributor
kthiessen
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Torch won't sync with iCal

For some strange reason my Blackberry Torch will not sync with iCal.  I have new items entered on iCal that don't tranasfer in spite of the fact that I have synced the phone with my Mac.  I am running Lion, Blackberry desktop version 2.3.1 and I have iCloud turned off on my Mac.  I have tried the Forget Device Option, deleted calendar items from iCal and set up a new calendar and imported events back in.  Still no luck.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kthiessen

Re: Blackberry Torch won't sync with iCal

Found a fix!  Dowloaded iSync for Mac OS X Lion and my Blackberry Torch syncs with iCal.  Here's the link.

http://imadmalik.com/10/02/isync-for-mac-os-x-lion/

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nate_dawg
My Device: Blackberry Torch

Hi, I'm having the same problem with my torch and it just started a few days ago (after previously working well for many months).  I downloaded isync but its still not transfering events from my ical-->BB (BB-->ical works fine).  It wouldn't add my BB as a device (something about it not being bluetooth compatable) but isync still seems to be working when I sync the blackberry.  Is there anything else you did differently (/any other advice)?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kthiessen

Actually iSync worked once and then returned to the same problem.  I uninstalled my Blackberry Desktop for Mac, reinstalled my OS on my phone and now it will sync from my phone to iCal but not the other way!   Trying to talk to a real live tech support person at RIM who doesn't want a first mortgage on your home before he talks about your problem is a joke.  Can't wait for my contract to be done so I can switch to an iPhone!

Sorry - wish I could be of more help.  It's clear that there's more than just the two of us who have this issue. 

Please use plain text.
Retired
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Hey kthiessen,

Thanks for the question.

Do you currently have iCloud enabled on the Mac OS?

Have you tried clearing out the calendar database and then trying to synchronize the calendar?  

Does the calendar show as read only?  If so, try to create a new calendar in iCal and try synchronizing with that.

Let me know how you make out.

Cheers. 

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kthiessen

Thanks for your quick reply.

No I do not have iCloud enabled on the Mac OS.

I'm not sure how to clear out the calendar database.  I have exported all existing information, then deleted the calendar and then created a new one with the same name.  I have restored my Torch to factory settings, reinstalled everything and still no resolution.  

I am not able to find any setting either in iCal preferences or in my Calendar Options on my Torch which would even give me the option of the calendar showing as read only.  

At this point, if I enter something in Calendar on my Torch, it will sync with iCal but not the other way around.  Contacts, Notes, and Tasks all sync fine both ways.

Hope that's helpful

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kthiessen

I had sent the following reply 4 weeks ago and haven't had a response so I thought I'd send it again.

No I do not have iCloud enabled on the Mac OS.

I'm not sure how to clear out the calendar database.  I have exported all existing information, then deleted the calendar and then created a new one with the same name.  I have restored my Torch to factory settings, reinstalled everything and still no resolution.  

I am not able to find any setting either in iCal preferences or in my Calendar Options on my Torch which would even give me the option of the calendar showing as read only.  

At this point, if I enter something in Calendar on my Torch, it will sync with iCal but not the other way around.  Contacts, Notes, and Tasks all sync fine both ways.

Hope that's helpful

Please use plain text.
cvasilica
My Device: Blackberry Torch

I downloaded this, and it says "This device is not supported by iSync."

What do I do now?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kthiessen

Upgraded to OS X Mountain Lion and synching issues appear to have been resolved.  

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
djvachon
My Device: Z10

I upgraded to Mountain Lion and downloaded new DM for Mac. Not working for me?  But you say it is working for you??? I have the Torch 9800.  :smileysad:

Please use plain text.