Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Contributor
kthiessen
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Blackberry Torch won't sync with iCal

Hmm... does it sync anything?  I'm pretty sure the default settings in the BB Desktop Manager are set to not sync Contacts, Calendars, Notes, or Tasks.  Make sure those are set to sync two ways.  My wife and I both have Mac's and Blackberry Tortch 9800's and the Mountain Lion download fixed the sync problem.  Hope it works.  I understand the frustration.  Am waiting for my contract to expire so I can switch to the new iPhone 5.  

New Contributor
djvachon
My Device: Z10

Hello, contacts are syncing but not calendar. Someone suggested to turn off iCloud and sync but that did not work either :smileysad: I don;t want to move to iPhone cause I like the touch keys of BB… not sure what I will do. tx
Contributor
kthiessen

In Calender in the preferences, what's your default calendar?  I've got mine set to that the default is the "Home" Calendar on my Mac, and I don't have the iCloud calendar box checked at all.  I know that when I did I was getting double appointments on my iCal.

Just a thought.  

New Contributor
djvachon
My Device: Z10

tx,  tried with no success :smileysad:  I'll keep on playing.

I noticed that Icloud pushes the calendar  updates to  BB.  I created a local calendar to MAC and turned off icloud. I think I am on to something.  If I eventually find a solution, I will post it.

Contributor
kthiessen

Good luck - I share the frustration but am happy I've found a solution.  Hopefully you can get to that point as well.  

New Contributor
cuneo

will not sync withe the blackberry torch 9800; 

New Contributor
Carlotes
My Device: Curve 9300

Ever since I upgraded to Mountain Lion I can no longer sync Memo Pad on my BB Curve 9300 with Apple Notes. Others have reported the same problem: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Desktop-Software-for-Mac/Notes-Sync-Error-with-Mountain-Lion/...

Are you able to sync Notes, or only Calendar and Contacts?