Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
CrimsonCloud
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9300

Blackberry desktop software modem help?

So here's the story: I formatted my laptop lost BDS, tried reinstalling but failed, eventually copied the whole blackberry desktop software folder from another pc to mine.

But that didn't fix my problem since it didn't detect my device so I ran over to blackberry's site and downloaded the usb and modem drivers. I installed them and yay it detects my phone (after I manually run blackberry device manager). Now the problem lies with the modem configuration (the whole reason why I got the desktop software in the first place) when I press the mobile internet button it takes me to the mobile internet settings but nothing happens, there is just a green circle loading icon to the right of the profile option. It doesn't do anything and I can't chose any settings I did wait for 20 mins but still nothing.

Please help
Please use plain text.
Retired
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Blackberry desktop software modem help?

Hey CrimsonCloud,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

First thing I would suggest is performing a clean uninstall of BlackBerry® Desktop Software.  Follow all of the steps in this KB article: www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB02206

Then restart your PC and go to www.blackberry.com/desktop to download the latest version of BlackBerry Desktop Software and install the software.  If you receive any errors, please let me know the exact error message.

Once installed, restart the PC and when the computer is up and running, connect your BlackBerry® Curve™ 9300 smartphone via USB and it should install drivers.

Once you get a notification saying the drivers are now installed, open BlackBerry Desktop Software and then try to setup your tethering.

Let me know if you have any mroe questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
CrimsonCloud
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9300

Re: Blackberry desktop software modem help?

Thanks ferret I managed to fix the problem a week ago, turns out you can't copy a blackberry desktop software folder from one pc to another. I tried it because all the installers I download for BDS were corrupted and gave me the error: "win-zip self extractor head corrupted". Also turns out it was a virus preventing the install so I advise anyone who has that problem to get an anti-virus
Please use plain text.