Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

doppio
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Blackberry for Mac not syncing with ical | Try this - worked for me

i have a blackberry curve and when i sync items from iCal are showing up on my BB but items i've entered into my BB aren't showing up in my iCal.  this seems to be the only problem i have as of right now, but since i enter appointments on the go into my BB i need them to show up in iCal.

i have fully deleted all pocketmac files and restarted per the above instructions.

i've backed up my address book and iCal just in case.

i'm nervous to "forget device" because it says "do you want to delete all of the data for your curve?" and i'm nervous about losing EVERYTHING on my BB.  does this JUST delete contacts and calendar?

could the facebook calendar be screwing up anything?  i enter everything into the default calendar (haven't learned how to do anything else yet).  can't figure why iCal isn't showing BB appointments.

thanks for any help anyone can provide!

New Contributor
leenancarrow

Re: Blackberry for Mac not syncing with ical

I followed all the messages on this post and I came to the same place as you did. Nothing worked. I lost hope until I went into my local mac store to ask if they knew anything to do with this situation and they resolved it for me. Here is what I did:

1) I went into ical

2) Then clicked view at the top and selected 'show calendar list'

3) I had 7 calendars in there (Home, Work, Entourage, Entourage 2, Pocketmac......and so on)

4) I deleted all the calendars apart from Home

5) Then I deleted all my calendar entries in my phone

6) Then followed all the things people said to do in this post

And now it works perfectly

I dont know whether I had to do points 5 and 6 but it worked so I guess there is no harm in that

Let me know if it works

Lee 

Contributor
redgeorge
My Device: Curve 8310

So does this mean you now only have one calendar, "Home"?

Trusted Contributor
Statman
My Device: 8830 WE

I can't speak for the poster, but you can have multiple calendars in ical...the problem is the events from those multiple calendars will go into one calendar on the device.  Also if you add a calendar in ical (say you call it Blackberry) and use that as the calendar to sync FROM the device you could get duplicates...

4.6.1.305 hybrid
Mac Pro 2X2.8 Quad SL
New Contributor
leenancarrow

Yes now I only run off home. It seems for me it was the deleting of the pocketmac calendar that was the key. How did it work out for you?

redgeorge wrote:

Contributor
redgeorge
My Device: Curve 8310

leenancarrow wrote:

Yes now I only run off home. It seems for me it was the deleting of the pocketmac calendar that was the key. How did it work out for you?

redgeorge wrote:

Thanks for asking.  I've finally had success in syncing after almost three full days of being devoted to

getting it to work.  The trick for me was to go into SyncServices folder and paste a code into Terminal.

Details here: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1627

Glad you're up and running smoothly.

Cheers.